• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Sex and Sleep on Suboxone

TheodoreRoosevelt

Bluelighter
I just wanted to get input from other suboxone users, on 2 separate issues - sex and sleep.

1. Sleep

I have a lot of issues with sleep in regards to suboxone. If I take too little before sleeping - ie I took my dose during the day, and naturally it's wearing off a bit more when I sleep, but it's still there in plenty enough, like I'm not sick or anything I'm just normal, and then 8 hours later when I wake up, I feel sick as shit. Whatever, that's fine, but here's the weird thing.

When I wake up with not enough suboxone in me, I get really intense dreams of using. It's not dreams of "omg I need suboxone", it's not dreams of smoking opium or popping pills, it's very vivid dreams of hitting the needle with heroin. Thinking on it, I don't think I ever end up actually using in these dreams, but rather some very elaborate process is going on of needing to get heroin and needles, or having the heroin and needles, and how horrible it is to be using or whatever, and maybe having to go around family/friends/etc to do it. I think the dreams always end before I shoot up as I don't think I even get as far as cooking it up, it's just some horrible process of "OMG I NEED TO SHOOT HEROIN" and the associated guilt. Usually I wake up with lingering thoughts of the dream, thinking fuck I need to get dope, and how I would totally shoot heroin right then and there. When I come to a little better, I just get my suboxone and think nothing else of it, but the dreams still bother me.

Secondly, I always have to sleep 10+ hours. Like I sleep 14+ hours easily sometimes. It's horrible. This usually happens, I believe, when I have a bit more suboxone in my system when sleeping, and inevitably, I sleep longer, the sub gets out of my blood because of that, and I wake up with weird dreams, only less often, and 14 hours later instead of 8.

2. Sex

It's a horrible rollercoaster with suboxone. If I have too much in my system, I can't get hard, and if I don't have any, or even if it's just wearing off, as In I feel perfectly fine and will be for another 4-6 hours, I shoot off in like a minute, not even. And if I try to compensate for this, like I take a lot of suboxone a certain day, I may end up with a situation where I can't get hard at all, but when I finally do in bed, I shoot off.

Now it's very possible to have normal/great sex. But it's impossible to have spontaneous sex. Most good sex sessions are preceeded by me having to fap on the computer to 'check to see where I'm at' at 1 in the morning after having told my GF to hold off and I'll be in bed shortly, and then 4 hours later creep in bed. Which is fine, totally worth great sex, but you know, it can be a drag for her if sex has to be 4AM or it can't be spontaneous. I've been on sub for a year and I still feel like I'm trying to figure out when is the time to have sex. I usually try to take suboxone 3-4 hours before sex, but that's a bit hard to do. Maybe instead I should just take suboxone an hour before sex, and do it before it peaks in

Anyone else have these troubles? I mean for all I know, maybe I have serious premature ejacalation issues and wouldn't know it due to all the drug use in my life. I KNOW other men have to be in the same situation as me here, just wondering how you deal with these issues.

I guess dopers in general coudl respond to this. I know when using I had dreams if I woke up sick. But they are still so vivid, and I haven't used in like a year and a half now.

As far as the sex thing goes, I have similar issues, well, mostly similar. If I'm not on Sub or another opiate I can still get up and all that, but the sex usually lasts considerlably shorter. If I'm on Suboxone sex lasts forever.

I've always had dreams about taking opiates :\

stop taking suboxone if you dont like it... Sounds like its causing lots of problems for u

Why not take the sub way earlier in the day to avoid as much of the sexual side-effect as possible? You said yourself that it happens mainly in the hours immediately after taking the bupe. This is what I found as well, and is why I didn't take late in the day.

As for the sleep problem, I only found I mainly had my sleep cycles impacted when my dose was not consistent. During tapering or after increasing my dose for a few days is always when I experienced this. Maybe keeping your dosing more consistent will help with this.

All in all, maybe consider coming off bupe in the near future... These side effects are exactly what I hated most about being on bupe and I feel much better overall now that I don't experience them.

Speaking to the sex issues, well, I have had to deal with EXACTLY what the OP described. Solution? Well, I normally make love in the evening or later at night, and rarely do I fuck in the early am or mornings. What I like to do is take my sub dose like 4-5 hours before sex. If I'm sniffing it, as I had done in the past, I'd dose like 1-3 hours before sex. If I were to have sex while peaking on the suboxone, I wouldn't be able to cum//If there wasn't enough suboxone in my system I'd come way to fast. So, as you seem to imply, there is a middle ground OP. Find whatever it is for you. For me this meanings taking my suboxone a matter of hours before I make love. and fuck man, dose it allow me to really MAKE LOVE. she's so happy with the sex ;) of course I don't give all the credit to suboxone....

So T.R. I was following your thread where you discussed how you didn't experience WDs like the rest of us and was feeling so incredibly jealous and like you should be studied by scientists or something to figure out what sort of genes are somehow immune to the fucking horrors of heroin withdrawal when I realized the post was from 2007. I'm now extremely anxious to know how long that's lasted, it seems like something has changed because I saw one of your more recent posts talking about using subs and being sick, and it seems you took a 3 year hiatus from this site only to come back asking about how to make or acquire points without an ID. If it's not too much to ask I'd love to know what changed since your chipping/non WDing days. I honestly just made this profile to ask this very question 8 years after you initially posted about it. Lol.

I can relate to the sleeping issue, suboxone makes me sleep like a rock I love it, but sometimes too much sleeping isn't good I get it. Like when I don't have anything to do the next day, like you I can easily sleep for 12-14 hours, normally though I get about 9-10hours a night, and thats kind of too much for a young guy to be sleeping every night...

The sex thing idk I never really have any trouble getting it up on subs... but on dope thats a diff story. We are talking about subs tho so sorry but maybe I am the exception here.

I have been on sub maintenance for 4 years now so my body has grown to love it, how long have you been on it and at how many mgs? perhaps over time you will get more used to it, or try lowering your dose