• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Severe nicotine withdrawal

reb38

Bluelighter
I had some 4mg nicotine lozenges and took several (too many) the other day then I decided I wanted a cigarette and it felt like I was having a heart attack. This feeling has persisted. I spoke with my psychologist and he said it's probably withdrawal. This morning I woke up with my heart pounding and then smoked a cigarette and it calmed me down. How long will I experience this cardiovascular ache? I have cigs and will buy more. I'm pacing at one per hour. It's misery. I've never been through this and wanted some positive reinforcement. I even went to urgent care to see if something is wrong. They did a EKG and everything was normal. Maybe there is some secret remedy I'm missing. Please help.

I don't recall 'feeling like I'm having heart attack' being a common nicotine withdrawal symptom. Especially when it happened right after you had a cigarette.

Reminds me of the time I went into precipitated withdrawal on suboxone. You know how suboxone doesn't block fentanyl from getting you high? To me it only made sense that fentanyl had a higher binding affinity and therefore suboxone wouldn't cause precipitated withdrawals for fent either.

So when I was done with my binge, I went into the clinic to get my week supply and witnessed 8mg dose. I was just in the bathroom smoking fent about 30 seconds earlier so that I didn't look too fucked up to the pharmacist. Anyway about 2 hours later I found out I was wrong and had the worst withdrawal of my life. I wrote a report about it on here a few years ago but long story short, it was an absolute unbearable hell, I had all the normal symptoms plus I was hallucinating like I was on acid. I had remembered that taking a shower was supposed to help so I made my way to shower and it felt like I was in a ship on the open seas or something. It was freaky. Did not help at all.

My girlfriend and her friend were there looking after me. I mentioned to her friend that I was seeing birds flying around her head. Apparently she went and talked to a pharmacist ( probably the same one, as she was on the same program) and was told opioid withdrawal doesn't include hallucination so I must have been overdosing. What the fuck? I was sweating, restless with diarrhea, dilated pupils and in great distress and a health care worker thought those were symptoms of an opioid overdose? 🤦‍♂️

It does something similar to me worries me for my heart at times even after having stopped for a while thankfully feeling better since having stopped this time quit vaping a few days ago had a scarier symptom while vaping actually sharp shooting pains always on my left side

I coughed up alot of gunk a few days after i quit, could be what you feel heavy. Champix is a life saver, within 2 weeks cigarettes tasted like crap and would make me nauseous. Like any addiction you'll try to rationalize smoking(i did a few weeks ago when i was stressed, then felt awful for having one).

I coughed up alot of gunk a few days after i quit
I found this normal the few times I did not smoke/quit. Natural ability from the hairs in the body getting rid of toxins and foreign matter.
Great job.

Yeah, I know... Nicotine sucks. Its Sooo.... Addictive. I smoke two packs a day. I wish I never picked up the habit. When I run out of cigarettes I just feel stupified. Especially when I just wake up in the morning.