• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Severe Nausea After 5 Days of Meth Withdrawal

DiehardOptimist

Greenlighter
I know I'm psychologically at the point where I can come to terms with all the facets of sobriety but now every time I make it to 5 days or so of sobriety I get intense nausea. I honestly am dumbfounded by this effect as I have used prescription amphetamine for a period of time in the past and experienced all the usual symptoms but never nausea.

Is there any info, recommended antinauseants or experiences anyone can relate?

have you been eating? is the nausea when trying to eat or persistent?

I've been eating regularly and well, high protein, vitamins, fruit, vegetables.

It's persistent but it doesn't show up until around day 5.

One of the most effective things for nausea is concentrated ginger. You can often find it in travel sickness or sea sickness pills. It’s just as effective as OTC anti-nausea meds.

I know I'm psychologically at the point where I can come to terms with all the facets of sobriety but now every time I make it to 5 days or so of sobriety I get intense nausea. I honestly am dumbfounded by this effect as I have used prescription amphetamine for a period of time in the past and experienced all the usual symptoms but never nausea.

Is there any info, recommended antinauseants or experiences anyone can relate?

Can't figure it personally. A bizarre theory might be that fentanyl contaminants is resulting in opioid withdrawal. This is extremely unlikely however.

Try diphenhydramine for symptomatic relief perhaps?

One of the most effective things for nausea is concentrated ginger. You can often find it in travel sickness or sea sickness pills. It’s just as effective as OTC anti-nausea meds.

ginger works magic for nausea, I love me some juiced ginger/OJ/carrot juice cocktails during recovery its amazing

Can't figure it personally. A bizarre theory might be that fentanyl contaminants is resulting in opioid withdrawal. This is extremely unlikely however.

Try diphenhydramine for symptomatic relief perhaps?

I wondered that myself but it seems unlikely, I've experienced opioid withdrawal before but with how long it takes for nausea to set in makes me think otherwise. I also don't feel any opiate like effects when I use.

I could see it being novel cut causing the effect although.