View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Severe Dehydration Due to Frequent DXM Use and Other Strange Side Effects

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Does anyone else experience this? Like severe dehydration to the point of very dark, almost a light brownish gray colored urine, severe sweating (like literally soaking yourself while sitting still) and very dry skin and mucus membrane.

I have also found that large doses of DXM, especially when taken in a formulation including guaifenesin, thus also consuming very high doses of guaifenesin, creates an extremely painful sensation when I pee after I consume asparagus during the same day. Like kidney stone level pain. It passes in like six hours, but it is crazy fucking disturbing.

Abstaining from any DXM for a few days to a week seems to make the problem go away, but if I use it for any number of days in a row more than just once a week these symptoms reappear. Minus the kidney stone level pain from eating asparagus after consuming large doses of DXM (600-840mg).

I know consuming DXM products with any other active ingredients is a no no and very dangerous, so chiding me isn't necessary.

Thoughts? I feel like I need to get a physical and get my kidney and liver function check out. I also should really find a good DXM only source, but ironically enough it is infinitely cheaper to get a DXM and guaifenesin combo.

What seems to work for now is severely curtailing my use and eventually abstaining completely for a prolonged period of time. I will certainly stop taking it completely if the tests come back fucked up (I had a physical like six months ago before beginning to heavily use DXM for a short period of time recently and I was extremely healthy).

It seems it is largely due to dehydration, but I am still concern for my kidneys. Significantly curtailing my use seems to have made all the difference, though I am going to try an even longer period of prolonged abstinence to make sure everything returns to normal.