• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

severe chronic pain How to ask Question. Please help! - kratom/subutex

DarksideFloyd55

Greenlighter
I need to ask the members of bluelight a question about if Kratom will help with pain if I am on subutex? Not if I will feel it or not, but if it will genuinely help with the pain. I have severe chronic pain from a gunshot wound that has left me disable. The drs have put me on subutex and it doesn’t help much at all for the pain. When I was on Kratom I was pain free but I was experiencing very negative side effects from its everyday use. Will someone please help me by explaining where I need to make this post? Thank you!

Hypothetically the subutex will block the receptors Kratom binds to, so it wouldn't any effect whatsoever until you'd been off subutex for a week or two.

They use Bupe as a chronic pain aid these days because it really is hard to abuse, and it forces you into withdrawals if you're on another opioid when you start. It's fucked up. I'd argue with a doctor till their ears bled if they wanted me to use bupe for chronic pain, I feel so messed up for a week after a single dose of the stuff and can't use any other opioids for that week either.

Hypothetically the subutex will block the receptors Kratom binds to, so it wouldn't any effect whatsoever until you'd been off subutex for a week or two.

They use Bupe as a chronic pain aid these days because it really is hard to abuse, and it forces you into withdrawals if you're on another opioid when you start. It's fucked up. I'd argue with a doctor till their ears bled if they wanted me to use bupe for chronic pain, I feel so messed up for a week after a single dose of the stuff and can't use any other opioids for that week either.
It’s horrible. My entire humerus is shattered. Missing half of clavicle & scapula, rotator cuff is completely gone. I can’t move my right arm except for my hand. The pain is immense beyond explanation. I know the bupe will block the “feeling” of the Kratom, but I was unsure if it would keep it from working to help my pain. But it makes sense that it if it blocks the feeling it will block the pain relief.

Thank you...How do I get to basic drug discussion?
I'm on a desktop: If you click the Forums tab at the top, it brings you to the page where you can see all the sub-forums, and then you can navigate from there.

On mobile: I think it's under the three bar button tab in the upper left corner, again, click forums, it'll bring you to the list of sub-forums.

It’s horrible. My entire humerus is shattered. Missing half of clavicle & scapula, rotator cuff is completely gone. I can’t move my right arm except for my hand. The pain is immense beyond explanation. I know the bupe will block the “feeling” of the Kratom, but I was unsure if it would keep it from working to help my pain. But it makes sense that it if it blocks the feeling it will block the pain relief.
Yeah, the pain relief you get from any opioid is due to its binding to your opioid receptors (God clearly wanted us to find morphine inside poppies) and thus, if the kratom can't bind to those receptors, it can't interrupt the pain signals your nerves are sending to your brain.