• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Several Meth Questions

brighteyes2342

Bluelighter
I have several questions regarding meth.
I've been an oral user for three months and use very, very little.

1. It isn't a problem until I go to sleep, but when I've been up for a day or two and then go to sleep, my jaws clench and my tongue shoves up against my teeth and stays there until I wake up. I never have issues with my mouth when I'm using but when I'm sleeping it causes damage to my tongue and it hurts. Any ideas on how to prevent this?

2. I take a multivitamin but I'm not convinced it's doing very much. Can someone recommend a well rounded vitamin and what brand to buy?

3. While using, I stay cold and I absolutely can't get warm. It was 79 degrees two or three days ago and I was in a hoodie in jeans. I'm not a tiny little thing, but I'm not large either. I weigh around 160 pounds but I don't know if its weight related. How can I get warm?

4. Why do some people get a physical high and others just a mental high? I always want to be super productive when I'm using but I usually end up writing out incredibly detailed to do lists for hours on end without actually doing anything. How can you achieve a physical high? Change ROA?

5. I have a very healthy body and I take pride in it. However, I noticed my lady parts had a very creamy coating and smelled different. It wasn't like an odor or anything unpleasant, it just didn't smell like mine. Any thoughts on why this could be?

6. Does snorting hurt?

And a few more that I can't remember right now...

1. I would try sleeping with a mouth guard similar to something boxers use. I imagine they create mouth piece to specifically target teeth clenching/grinding as it is not that uncommon.

2. I don't know about multivitamins, but i personally drink lots of coconut water to stay hydrated and restore any depleted electrolytes.
i would also suggest eating as frequent and as healthy as possible. I know it can be tough but it's not an impossible task.

3.This is a consequence of vasoconstriction which is one of the many negative health effects that come with methamphetamine usage.
It is my understanding that there isn't much you can do about this one and that you should especially avoid any medications designed to combat the effects of vasoconstriction as these seem to make things much worse while on methamphetamine.

4. If you are mostly content with oral usage i would not change your ROA. Oral use is probably the safest way to take methamphetamine (don't quote me on that) so i would stick to it. You could try upping your dosage a bit and see if you get a more physically stimulating high as a result.
You mentioned that you end up spending hours just writing a to do list. My advice would be to skip the list and go straight to whatever activity first arises.
On stimulants people tend to "tweak out" on little things like that for hours on end.
Maybe by bypassing the list and going straight to a productive activity you could divert those hours of "tweaking out" on something you actually need to get done.

5. honestly no idea...maybe dehydration combined with frequent arousal (stimulants cause some to experience enhanced libido) is causing an increase in the quantity and viscosity of your lady liquids.

6. I would equate snorting methamphetamine with jabbing the inside of your nose with a hot needle. so yea it hurts a little.
As i stated above i would seriously consider just sticking with oral usage if i were you. Other ROAs seem to be worse for your health.
There is also the chance you could fixated on a certain ROA and start using everything you do in that manner.
This is very common with people who snort, smoke, or inject their drugs. If you can take anything away from this i would hope it is my advice to stick with oral usage.
"Graduating" from oral use to other methods of administration can end up on a dark road that nobody wants to go down.

Sorry if my answers are insufficient in fully answering your questions.
I hope i was able to help you out at least a bit. I know how finding answers to the questions that arise from recreation drug use can be a difficult task in a world dying to lock you in a cage for choosing to experiment with, or amplify aspects of your daily life.

Is there a way for you to email me your panties so I can smell them? This would help with question 5. And pics too.

Tops, thank you darling, you were so very helpful.

Jimmy, no, I can't do email. How about a telegraph? Picture them as a size 3X (I know I said I'm 160 but its all ass) white with big flowers on them, or if you're feeling fun, just huge solid white "bloomers" like old ladies call them.

I'll stop now, I can tell I'm making you sweat. ;)

2. I take a multivitamin but I'm not convinced it's doing very much. Can someone recommend a well rounded vitamin and what brand to buy?
I think it is helpful to take a good vitamin, but the basic thing is to eat a healthy diet. Eat enough food, and eat healthy food. No multivitamin can make up for eating too little or only junk food.

3. How can I get warm?
Exercise - but you need to do it (almost) daily, not just once in a while. Walking is fine. Just raise your heart rate for an hour or so a day, and you will almost certainly feel much warmer because of the improved heart function and circulation. (I'm assuming that you don't exercise here.)

6. Does snorting hurt?
Yes. But nothing I can't handle, personally.

Oral use is probably the safest way to take methamphetamine (don't quote me on that) so i would stick to it.
There is no safe way to take meth. Period.
But, because oral ROA gives the smallest rush, ime, people tend to get addicted a bit more slowly or less intensely.
(They still get incredibly addicted, though, so don't think you are immune from this!)

Peace. <3

On your number three I always get hot for just a few minutes then kinda chilly, i also just kinda chill out when I get high. With more experience i find once you get up and start moving you will have energy. As far as your vagina thing goes im an IV user and honestly horny all the time! I luckily don't have this problem I obsessively shower and change under garments several times when high because I just enjoy taking pride. Always remember your hygiene, brush your teeth after use, stay hydrated, and shower once or twice daily and maybe use wipes every time you use the bathroom. I do those things and am just fine. Sorry for rambling or getting off topic happens when im high sometime.

1. Typical side effect at certain levels-use a mouth guard or use less meth
2. Anything with potassium for sure
3. Stay busy, not much can be done without applying heat directly to hands/feet but as your body temp will be up I wouldn't recommend it
4. For me it was all about quality and ROA because I could achieve both independently or together.
5. It changes your pH and is excreted in urine so it's not uncommon. Different batches can make a difference IMO sometimes
6. Yes but briefly and worth it. Generally less than a minute, like sharper pool water. It's gone within seconds to a minute roughly and not as bad as some pills.

Thank you all for your insight.
I do walk every day. I take my puppies on a power walk every evening about dusk when it starts to cool off. Even while walking, short jogs and more intense exercise, I still can't get warm. Its usually about 75 outside when I take the babies out so I have zero excuse to be cold but it is what it is. Any help combatting this?

I think the coating is from my perpetual saturation. (I tried to be as lady like as possible.) And I agree with the change in pH thought. So thank you for that <3

I'm no longer grinding my teeth in my sleep so that's pretty cool. It sort of solved its own problem. Just takes time, I suppose.

I've found the key to mental versus physical. I began using meth as a weight loss supplement (you don't have to lecture, I already know that was dumb.) But for five years before that, I'd recreationally take Hydroxycuts. You can buy them at WalMart. Its a 60 count for $20 and they make me straight jittery. So one day I had the brilliant idea to do the smallest bump on Earth, and swallow a Hydroxycut. And oh my Jesus, it worked. I zooooooomed for hours but eventually crashed about 16 hours later and took my booty to bed. I slept for a few hours, actually like 6 so that was really awesome, then got up, made biscuits and gravy and repeated the same process. Zooooommmm, sleep, food, yay! The one thing I always hated about Hydroxycuts were that they make you nauseous if you don't eat before you take them and about every four hours. You have to keep something in your stomach. So that pretty much bullies me in to eating while high. I know, right? Friggen awesome. I also use less dope this way too! Yay!!!

In relation to food, I drink two glasses of whole milk a day. It's heavy on my tummy so I feel fuller and it helps to keep my weight stable instead of rapidly dropping. And hell, I just like milk! This is so very tacky to say and I apologize, but I've always had a very full chest and I'd rather be chunky and not on dope than lose my girls. So whole milk keeps them round and heavy. Just a note for the ladies.
But while we're on the subject, I know coconut water has been recommended and I appreciate the help (I really do, that didn't sound sincere but it is. I truly do appreciate any information provided to me) but can anyone recommend anything similar in nature? Vitamin rich and easy on the tummy? I've heard (I'm pretty sure...but I might have imagined it...) people use meal replacement shakes like Boost or the Special K ones. Can anyone speak to their effectiveness or lack of, should that be the case? I've also heard V8 but it just looks icky to me.....

So again, tacky and apologies but uhm...so when will my constant arousal cease? Or lessen? Pre meth, I was always a one a day kind of girl, but law, its getting out if control, y'all! And its even when I'm not using. Lots of times I go days or even weeks without using just to keep myself in check but even then, it doesn't slow down. Will it slow down over time? I've been using for six months...

People keep saying to eat healthy and this might sound dumb but I'm not sure what they mean. Like...okay I've been a curvy girl since I started getting curves so I've always had big legs, big hips and along with that, a little bit of a belly. So I've spent my entire life trying to "eat healthy" - salads with no dressing, greens, fruit, lean meat, raw veggies, and everything low low low fat. Is that what I'm still supposed to be doing? Leafy shit? I kind of feel like I should (or maybe would just prefer) eating heavier foods. I'm a biscuits and gravy fool and Lord knows that'll add inches to your hips. But like...I don't know if that makes sense but I guess I just need some clear food suggestions so I can sort of see how to proceed. Na'mean?

Another question and this might be a case by case situation with no clear answer but I got faith in the fine folks of Blue light! So anyway. Even as a child, I've never brushed my teeth every day. And its worked very well for me. I rarely ever have bad breath, even first thing in the morning, and honestly only when I eat smelly foods. The other thing is - I've never had a cavity either. I spent a lot of time in foster care so I had state insurance and went to the dentist every April and October for YEARS. No cavities. So I'm sort of wondering if it would be a good idea to increase my brushing schedule. I'm concerned about the enamel of my teeth. And its not like I don't brush my teeth and have crack hoe teeth. I have perfectly straight and pretty white teeth. Probably as a direct result of my milk intake. (Also never broken a bone. Milk is sooooo good for your bones and teeth! And your girls, don't forget the girls!) But I'm just wondering if it would do more harm than good to increase my brushing to once a day...? Please advise.

I really have zero desire to change my ROA because its going well for me, so please don't worry about that. I was just genuinely curious on folks view of snorting. I'm a big baby so I doubt it would go well for me.

I had another question and I've lost it.....

OH. I GOT IT. Law at the irony...but my memory. My short term memory has the smallest lapses. I swear to God, I've never said so many good things about myself, I swear, I'm not full of myself at all. (As evidenced by the fact that I resorted to drugs to be happy with my body) but I have a superior memory. Outstanding. Potentially idetic. For example, I started middle school on August 25, 2006. I was in Mrs. Cornell's home room. I wore a white button down and a blue skirt but my Daddy wouldn't let me wear the tie with it because he said I was NOT going out looking like a "school girl whore" and I screamed from the top of the stairs, "but Daddy, I AM a school girl!!! I'm getting dressed TO GO TO SCHOOL." He had just bought me my first cell phone because I had so many sports and after school activities that I wouldn't get home until six or seven pm and I usually walked home alone so I got a phone. It was a little black flip phone and it rang in home room on the first day off school. Utterly mortified. I met my very best guy friend that day. He's been my main man for ten years. He had on dirty blue jeans and a red and black hoodie. He looked poor and scared and was obviously a new student because I know everyone. I sat in front of him in Mrs. Folwer's class, second period because my last name is C and his is D. As soon as I got a chance, I whipped around (scaring the shit out of him) and asked him 11 questions in a row. I'd be happy to tell you what they were in order.
Moving along, do you see what I'm saying about my memory? Pretty great. That was ten years ago. But I'm having tiny lapses in my short term and they don't happen a lot but they really upset me. How do I combat and prevent this?

I swear to goodness, I'm not some self centered snob and it embarrasses me that I complimented myself so many times in this post. I've probably never complimented myself that many times in my entire life combined. But there are two facts about me: I'm naturally pretty, curves and all. And I'm smart which is a direct result of my memory. I could watch the lesson plan being done on the board and just instantly absorb and retain it, so obviously I had high test scores. Same in any job I've ever had. And foster care. I remembered what my foster parents liked and didn't like and just acted accordingly in an effort to be kept and not move homes again. So please don't think I'm conceited or what have you. I have two redeeming factors. I'm pretty and smart.

No results thus far regarding a multi vitamin. How can you tell if they're working?

Oh and one more, I'm pale. I've been to the tanning bed a couple times with no results. Any advice on not being so ghostly? (Or ghastly, depending on your opinion of healthy skin tones!)

Thank you for all your help!!!

Damn girl you must be on a good one haha that's some post! Anyway. Circulation issues is why you're cold and you DOC pulls blood closer to the heart so short of maybe hand and feet exercises to encourage circulation you're SOA until you quit. Maybe try wearing thermal socks and riding gloves to hold in what little warmth they already have?

Glad you agree on the pH thing and I'd find different batches made a slight difference sometimes so maybe alter your source to see if it improves.

Thanks for the hydroxycut 101 ha! Hey if it helps you do less and save more money and teeth/hair go for it.

I totally agree on the milk. It's what is my cure all and the one thing I couldn't live without. Coconut water is ok but in excess causes GI upset. I still say Smartwater for the electrolytes but pedialyte without the artificial sweeteners is also really a good option. I've done the supplement shakes thing and for me Boost and SlimFast tasted best with Boost being better health wise but more expensive and I sometimes wanted two at a time as they were fewer ounces. V8 is an acquired taste but decent. Fruit fusions with natural fruit blended and V8 tomato in cooking sauces and souls is ok.

As long as you use you will be turned on or so it was for me and that led to sex addiction fast. I have no insight into how to flip that switch unless you decide to quit. Sorry but that's the truth. For me I could never get enough until months after quitting. Yeah there's no way I could've stopped talking dirty and fucking and it just got worse over time.

As far as eating healthy goes I think everybody is a little different but a variety of fruits and veggies (eat the rainbow, eat raw/dehydrated/dried), limit carbs but focus on whole grain ones, lean meats and lean towards fish, really limit oils/fats, and healthy dairy (milk, yogurt, cottage cheese) is my approach to healthy eating. Fresh or frozen over packaged/canned/processed always. Eat a variety but in moderation and know serving sizes and calorie values. Weight is a math equation of calories consumed to calories burned. Frequent small meals boosts metabolism for better efficiency so if you take time to calculate and say consume 2000 over 6 meals spanned over 24 hours and exercise enough you'll lose weight. Just general sitting and movement burns some but I can't recall exactly but you won't have to exercise off 2000 calories to compensate-it'll be much less as long as you are functioning normal and not comatose or something.

Fluoride and calcium only go so far with teeth when you're on meth. I brushed twice a day when using but rarely to once a day before I picked up my habit. Never had cavities in 35 years then bam had four fillings required. Smoking wears down the enamel and even if you brush after every hit it will catch up to you. Brush often! See dentists often!

Ever see that fried egg commercial "this is your brain...this is your brain on drugs"? Like many, the drug you prefer is one that alters brain chemistry and meth does so more significantly than most. I used to have what I call whiteouts-like a blackout but you're aware in the moment and get amnesia later. I had an appointment once and talked to a doctor for an hour but couldn't tell you the next day anything about her or what I said, couldnt even tell you if she was black or white, I only had a vague recollection of the zebra patterned rug on the floor the next time I saw her. I was aware in the moment enough to act like I wasn't on drugs but drugs messed up my memory and I have whole gaps and events I don't recall still. My memory now after quitting has come back some but I still know I'm way lacking. I'm very smart as well (scholarship to major university) but I bet I'd have trouble being a high school tutor these days...still hoping this improves though.

IMO a vitamin works if you feel better while taking it and your Chem/CBC/metabolic panel bloodwork improves. If your skin/hair/nails look better is also a reasonable indication but as you look pale now it may be hard to determine that way. Pale comes with the territory. Spend money on higher quality makeup is all I could do but even that only does so much. If you're on a budget foundation/powder/lip color is where you wanna spend it and any mascara that looks halfway decent even if it's cheaper. Also be choosy on what colors you wear as some will bring it out more. That depends on your natural tone but is easy to look up.

Well, hell.
No doll, that's sober brighteyes. I've always been insanely chatty (assuming I'm with people I know) and dope just amplifies that. The only time anyone is concerned is when I'm coming down and I'm tired/quiet. Seriously. I raise waaaayyyyyyy more suspicions sober versus high.

I don't smoke but I will definitely take heed to your warning.

I also don't wear make up. I'm the youngest of six kids and five of us are girls. I have four big sisters and we shared one bathroom growing up. I was THRILLED just to be able to pee before I got to school in the mornings! Make up? Law, darlin! Ain't nobody got time for that. I'm going to attempt the tanning bed again because there's one like a mile from my house so if I walk there, I get to treat myself! I looooooovvvvvvveeeeee tanning. It's ten to fifteen minutes of uninterrupted quiet time where it's warm and quiet and wonderful.

I stopped biting my nails when I started using. No idea how or why. Pretty cool though.

Okay. Lemme just stop you right there. No where on that list does it say biscuits OR gravy!!! That's just not going to work for me.

I'm tired but I appreciate all your help.

<3