• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Settle this once and for all: All up front, or boosters?

jacknimble

Greenlighter
I personally have always "boosted" and taken something like 150 now and 150mg later. But I've been reading here and there that in fact, you will do a lot less damage to yourself if you just took 300mg and then don't take any more. I've also read that it isn't possible to get more euphoric effects from boosting, it's basically just taking meth at that point and will making you more energetic/jittery.
What's the theory/facts behind these claims?

From the hear and tell tales about MDMA there were a few that made sense. Boosting with 1/2 or 2/3 the ammount within a certain timeframe would prolong the peak. Same goes for any dose within that timeframe like taking another full dose, which would add another peak.

But after the time frame has 'closed' it's just prolonging a part of the effects, you called it like taking meth, I thought it felt different then adding amphetamine but the rolling effect definitely are diminished and one just gets messy. But have no exp with meth, so can't comment on that.

Taking more pills is likely done to prevente the inevitable comedown. And byso causing way more aftereffects and probably neurotoxicity, so kinda pointless.

Been taking re-doses for like 3 years now. Always brought me up and prolonged the peak. Sometimes there were times when the first dose wasn't quite getting me there but the redose would always bring me to where I wanted. So in my experiences, one re-dose is definitely worth it. My usual dosing schedule these days is 150mg + 50/60mg redose about 2 hours later. From there I'm done for the night and always in the headspace I want to be.

I dont know if Id recommend taking 300 mg all at once as less harmful. I agree that one redose is definitely worth it, but each subsequent redose after that has massively diminished returns and increases the side effects.

It´s better to a firts 180mg dose and 2h later a redose. It will prolong the high. 300mg all at once is a massive dose and may lead you to unpleasant state.

I don't think anyone is suggesting dropping 300mg at once. I think the question is whether it's worth dropping an extra 50-100mg 1-2hrs after a standard first dose (100-180mg). Of which, in my opinion, the answer is most definitely yes. I can't really comment on doses after that as I've never bothered to do it. The first dose + the redose is always the perfect amount for me.

I don't think anyone is suggesting dropping 300mg at once.

I personally have always "boosted" and taken something like 150 now and 150mg later. But I've been reading here and there that in fact, you will do a lot less damage to yourself if you just took 300mg and then don't take any more.

That's what I was responding to.