View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Set and setting - Maximum fun inside K holes

crOOk

Bluelighter
Note: This is referring to full breakthrough K hole doses only!

Short version:
It's all about what you experienced during the hours leading up to the experience! The more out of the ordinary and the more people involved, the better. The actual affective state/mood does not really matter compared to experiences involving serotonergic psychedelics.

Long version:
So I've been doing K for over 10 years now and for some reason that's how long I took to realize how to get the most out of the experience. It's astonishingly simple.

The setting is always the same for me - Socially isolated. I always lie in bed. Lights on or off doesn't matter too much, but I tend to prefer lights on these days. I also prefer to listen to some good music (Air works really well for me, but everyone is different. See suggestions in the Music and Dissociatives Thread).

The mind set right when I go into the experience doesn't matter that much, I could be in the worst of moods and still have a great experience.

However what does matter is what I did before the experience, especially in the hours leading up to it. I noticed during my very first experiences that watching a movie pre-experience can set the theme for the k hole. I never realized how critical these hours leading up to the experience really are though.

Yesterday I tried an experiment of taking ketamine right after waking up and I ended up slamming it all day long. No matter the dose, the k holes were completely empty. All of them. Just nothing. Even a 2h phone chat with my dad about the soon-to-come death of my grandfather didn't change that. I never really knew if I had taken any if it hadn't been for the empty syringes. This is nothing short of remarkable, since I tend to always remember some part of the experience. It has been quite tricky to have exceptionally colorful dream-like experiences in the past and I always attributed this to some form of behavioural tolerance (I've never developed a tolerance in that I had to increase dosages at all, even during daily use).

Here are some examples:
- Recently I was on a four hour train ride with my daughter. There was a little bit of snow outside. We were picked up by her mum and went separate ways. I came home and immediately shot some ketamine. I found myself riding a train inside a snowy landscape which reminded me a lot of the movie Snowpiercer. Absolutely amazing.
- I spent xmas eve with friends, my daughter and her mum. When I took ketamine (immediately after coming home), all the people were still present and I found myself lying in the in rooms distantly reminding me of the place I just left. Again, amazing experience
- Any time I take ketamine after my daughter is picked up by her mum she accompanies me throughout the experience. The same goes for friends leaving prior to it.

I've observed this pattern over and over and while I had been aware of it, I never realized that my 'empty/fail holes' were all due to not being anywhere but home or socializing prior to the experience. I have a feeling that the more intense your dreams would be during the next period of sleep, the more dense/colorful/exciting the k holes will be.

It goes without saying that I'm highly looking foward to tonight's dose after the NYE celebrations! :)

Keep this in mind when you are in doubt whether it's a good time to do ketamine.

I've noticed this to a high degree with all dissociatives. They are very malleable. My most insane K hole sessions were in a random spot with my girlfriend in Harlem, NY that i had been to for the first time ever, around a group of people that i was completely new to.

Another one of the most intense was laying in the grass at a festival, just on the outskirts of the mayhem. That hole projected my consciousness above the entire concert-grounds and i was just physically flying in the air observing everything that was presently happening below.

I've also noticed an incredible phenomena with dissociatives. I've been able to achieve the highs from many other drugs on dissociatives just by convincing myself that i took those drugs! Like, stimulants, opiates, psychedelics. If i just tell myself i took heroin for example, i'll then feel like i'm actually on heroin. Just a couple small deets that makes dissociatives by far the most incredible drugs i've ever found.

And the newest ones show some serious potential too.

I've noticed this to a high degree with all dissociatives.
Indeed. I remember taking PCP during a break from work (very bad idea) and had the most vivid experience ever, like a full-on hole without the travelling/proprioceptive pseudo-hallucinations. High MXE doses (~150mg IV) are very close to ketamine for me, except with a longer duration and more unpleasant after effects.

I've also noticed an incredible phenomena with dissociatives. I've been able to achieve the highs from many other drugs on dissociatives just by convincing myself that i took those drugs! Like, stimulants, opiates, psychedelics. If i just tell myself i took heroin for example, i'll then feel like i'm actually on heroin. Just a couple small deets that makes dissociatives by far the most incredible drugs i've ever found.
I will indeed have to try that. Never noticed it at all.

Just a couple small deets that makes dissociatives by far the most incredible drugs i've ever found.
And by far the most addictive for me. :/

And the newest ones show some serious potential too.
Both diphetidine and the methoxylated version are by far the most psychedelic for me, eventhough the mentioned aspects are less pronounced. They are closest to PCP, but much crazier imho. Absolutely insane with doses north of the highest threshold.

I've never gotten to try PCP but i know i'd like it. I've found some to be much more addictive than others. K being the most, DXM being the least. MXE falls in between. MXM didn't seem as addictive as MXE but more so than DXM.

The addiction is strange and non traditional, it's characterized by overbearing fascination rather than dependence.

I don't find myself to be addicted to them presently, as long as I stay away from K i tend not to snowball.

So the K journeys (rs) last night weren't as exciting as I had hoped. After coming home from the family dinner I slammed 550mg in four shots and then continued to IM 200mg s isomer. I was then under the assumption that all the ketamine was gone, so I finally dared to load those 80mg DMT fumarate I had lying around into a syringe. This was at 11:50 p.m. NYE... I'm afraid I won't get around writing a short report about that. Way to spend NYE! ;)

I've never gotten to try PCP but i know i'd like it. I've found some to be much more addictive than others. K being the most, DXM being the least. MXE falls in between. MX[P] didn't seem as addictive as MXE but more so than DXM.
I couldn't agree more. I'd put PCP right at the top or maybe below ketamine, not sure. When I had it I was doing it non stop for almost 4 months. Didn't skip a single day.

The addiction is strange and non traditional, it's characterized by overbearing fascination rather than dependence.
Indeed, but dependence has never been that big a problem for me. Sure, it sucks withdrawing any substance, but the real bitch is addiction imho. :/

I don't find myself to be addicted to them presently, as long as I stay away from K i tend not to snowball.
Same here, I can forget about it relatively quickly, the first couple of days are the worst, but after a week or so I barely think about it anymore. The problem is that I can pretty much get ahold of it by snapping my fingers. K is all over the place here.

what is it that plays such a key role in some type of memory 're-lapse'
not only is there a strong agreement with the connection to recreational holes,
but also has a very flexible re-processing of imagery/memory from the users past experience
specifically those of traumatic almost sub-conscious occurrences that create the identity

seen this in many patients

personally, agree with cr00k that with some spare time, its easy to forget or fall accustom to urge, if you close out the source
but find withdrawal in terms of physical body to be sinus related, possible fatigue,
vitamin deplete and possible emotional/behavioral instability - generally positive
considering side effects can be covered with correct harm reduction..

but yes an addict, and when you say hole think dissociation, my ketamine iosmer ratio intake falls far behind any relative compounds

----
:) can purposely try to arrange that!
thanks for the response, knew would not feel i'd have to wait forever to set my mind at ease for some rest.

Last edited:
Thanks for your take on this. I'm having slight troubles understanding all of what you said. Could you go over the post and correct some of the grammar? Not meaning to disrespect you here, but I'm pretty certain you can do better. ;)

Last edited:
Indeed, but dependence has never been that big a problem for me. Sure, it sucks withdrawing any substance, but the real bitch is addiction imho. :/

If dissociative wasn't so detrimental to learning, I will be far more under their influence. Reading about dissociative makes me crave. I don't think about dissociative everyday, but when I start thinking about it, craving can be intense. Instead of dissociative every week, I take codeine weekly that I found is not so detrimental to mental skills at uni, but find codein so fade an monochromatic compared to a real dissociative state...

Crook, what you say is really interesting! I experienced also the more intense dissociative states when spending sometime just before with a new girlfriend. Exitment of novelty about the girl, and a song that evoque this girl, are for me assurance of extremelly euphorical dissociative states.

I remember once a MXE trip when I spend the afternood before the trip with this new girl i was with, and I kind of managed to bring her supportive presence in my trip, resulting in an intense psychedelic experience when I was in the same time a little baby crying about painfull feeling on his foot (I was feeling at moment in a surgery table), and me has an adult with infinite delightfull love and compassion with the painfull feeling, bringing to the (me?) baby understanding and equanimity about what he experienced. One of my most magical dissociative experience, even if I was feeling despair and full pain of the little baby (me?). (I don't remember being harmed on the foot in my erly days, maybe a life before? Hehe don't know^^)

An other one this summer was with my ex girlfriend (she was sleeping next to me, time for a MXE plug hehe), when I experienced archetipal feeling of romance and warmness never experienced. Magical and beautifull feelings! :) I stop here, I'm in love with dissociatives^^ But I think you're totally correct and connecting with the essence of someone you care just before the trip is certainly a key for a beautifull trip. I'm exited to try to better my set and setting thanks to what you said... :)

(I don't use ketamine because have no acess to it unfortunately, but I hope I'm not too out of subject...)