• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Serotonin Syndrome or just a cold

ronniba

Greenlighter
Hi. I took my first dose of mdma last friday. It was about 75mg, and i was drunk. I got anxiety on the comedown, but other than that didnt feel to bad. On monday i got a cold or the flu, possibly from my girlfriend who also have it. I'm feeling a little better today. But I have been hot and cold, sweating with cold hands and a running nose. I just read about serotonin syndrome and it stressed me out.

So, what do you think? SS or just a cold/flu? Is it safe to take a sobril if I get anxiety, and is it ok to take paracetamol?

Stressed out ronniba

Just a cold as Mdma will weaken the immune system Tylenol will be fine. You would know SS because it would have you extremely sick/dead during the mdma expierence. It also comes from drug interactions not just mdma and is potentially fatal.

Ok, I thought SS was something that hits you a couple days after the roll. Or am I wrong? Probably just me stressing. I'm also slightly hypochondriac, and with anxiety, I always think I only have a couple of hours left, hehe.

If I stress out more, I will take an Sobril and paracetamol... Thanks for answering, it helps alot

You are safe mdma alone, most prob (just covering my ass here), never killed anyone. Let alone caused serotonin syndrom by itself (read FuckWithRaw).

On the dose you took you were more safe then after consuming a few alcoholic beverages. Congrats on keeping the dose low for your first time, as the effects of ecstasy are quite pronounced. This way you can gauge better and experience what it has to offer. Be sure to read up on tips for using it safely as overdoing it causes problems you would like to avoid. Welcome on bluelight ronniba.

What's sobril?

It was also in crystal form, and my friend have rolled many times and said it was one of the best mdma he ever did. Well, didnt do it alone since I was drunk when I did it. But, stopped drinking about 3 hours before doing mdma.
It will be my first and only time. I like smoking weed more, and it doesn't give me hell of a comedown ;)

Sobril is an oxazepam. I used it for anxiety as a result of a heavy concussion I got in december. Its mild, and I only used 10 pills when it was at its worse. Not at the same time...

Thanks, have been lurking here for some time, so it was about time ;)

Ok, I thought SS was something that hits you a couple days after the roll. Or am I wrong?

serotonin syndrome is an acute condition that sets in when you have two compounds with different mechanisms for raising serotonin levels in your body at the same time. so mdma+maoi or ssri+maoi or mdma+dxm or ssri+tramadol are combinations that can lead to serotonin syndrome. very high doses of antidepressants can sometimes also do so.
mdma alone can not because mdma hits a certain receptor that causes serotonin release and protects from serotonin syndrome which would result from activating this receptor at the same time. it's only in combinations that it becomes dangerous (except with ssris which block mdma-mediated serotonin release).

in any case, serotonin syndrome is not a risk at all when the drugs are out of your system. even if you had taken a dangerous combination and (surprisingly, maybe because the doses were very low) felt fine when both compounds had an effect, you don't need to worry a few days afterwards.

concerning the cold,mdma is known to suppress the immune system for a short period of time, which makes catching a cold very likely if you're around people who are suffering from one.

Heh yeah don't stress - if it were anything close to SS, you'd be in a much worse state in a dark world of shit.

MDMA just surpresses your immune system, making you more susceptible to things like the common cold.

SS as described above is an acute condition which would be experienced at the time of being influenced by the drugs; not after they've well and truly worn off :) you'd also be absolutely certain something was horrifically wrong - enough that you'd forgo asking anyone and head straight for medical aid :)

Would it hurt me to take a beer (pint) or a glass of redwine tonight? I would do it if I didnt do mdma last weekend, so just aking to be sure. Yeah, I know Im probably just being a hypochondriac

No you'll be good.Mdma and alcohol are safe the MD is out of your system by now anyways.

No you'll be good.Mdma and alcohol are safe the MD is out of your system by now anyways.

Thanks man. I don't have a fever anymore, so I'm gonna have a glass or to tonight :) Just a little dizzy and the feeling of being sick. Can't wait to open the bottle