View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Serotonin downregulation

cyberius

Bluelight Crew
Can one downregulate serotonin to the point where psychedelics and certain stsimulants have permenantly lessened effects? I just had a half of a tenstrip (probably 200ug, fuck street acid) a couple days ago and tripped a little bit, but the euphoric part was significantly toned down even though I haven't gotten high or tripped in Months.

Not sure but I don't really think so, as eventually you'd repopulate those receptors since your genes encode for creating and maintaining a certain amount? Psychedelic euphoria also doesn't seem like a very reliable thing or indicator of your brain's state of affairs, the euphoria seems more complex even then that from monoamine releasers...

Maybe the point is rather that it's hard to conclude anything from a single use of 'street acid', and not even about disappointing potency... if it were me I'd keep an open mind until a lot more datapoints to tell you something about how you react to psychedelics these days.

Why, do you think you've tripped so much you feel burnt out or perma-tolerant in ways? I mean for dissociatives very chronic tolerance seems to be much more of a real thing, for psychedelics I can also imagine that more macro changes could occur like chronic desensitization in the locus coeruleus, that we may associate with 'psychological tolerance' of other kinds: just becoming used to it so much that we don't get novelty effects anymore, making it so much more meh than it used to be.

Last edited: