• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Seroquel

silver_lining

Bluelighter
Very interested in self prescribing Seroquel for sleep myself. Recently I've gone through offs and on with Ambien - it;'s nice, as i never touch it until i actually lay down to bed. So it's easy to go drug free all day and then just go to bed with a Z drug. Opioids (tapentadol) early in the day will also help for sleep at night once the nodding begins. I often mix with soma/benzos at low doses with fun results. Benzos like valium & klonopin also work stand alone, but that gets messy quick. I deal with WD pretty good as I can get lost in very physical work but benzo's can really shut you down if you fuck around to long. I fucked up for awhile thinking i could rotate benzos to avoid wd, that was not the case. Soma works too, but really gives me a hangover the next day and dry skin on my face. But it sure metabolizes into something beautiful that can be felt for days if you just take 1 large dose (2grams). So i can only rely on it 1 time a week.

I'd like to just stop fucking around with all of these for awhile but get the sleep i need. It's really the reason i dabble, i love the downers, the sleep, the dreams... but i struggle with surrendering to daily prescribed doses of anything. But at this point Ambien is really the only thing i think could do it, until i heard of Seroquel.

SO now i'm interested and appreciate all the info my phriends at BL. Happy Holidays.

(I also do not consume alcohol but i do smoke an incredible amount of cannabis)

Seroquel will definitely put you to sleep, but is less than advisable mainly due to the potential side effects of taking antipsychotics.

But it's very effective. You don't need much, 25-50mg puts me to sleep an hour later. This is considered a sub-therapeutic dose. I don't think they make pills at that dose (?).

It definitely works, though, and could be very useful if you are trying to stop using GABAergic drugs.

How does it react with other meds like benzo & opioid & soma?
Safe, no interaction other than increased sedation. I wouldn't mix it with alcohol, though.

It may blunt opioid euphoria if combined, but probably not at such low doses.

Seroquel is the best for sleep out of the antipsychotics but beware it's still a bona fide one, even just 50-75mg can induce dyskinesia, involuntary muscle zaps etc. and it metabolizes into a norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor, two reasons for to stick with the lowest dosage possible.

They even labelled seroquel as having abuse potential because people 'abuse' it in prisons for its sleep inducing potential.

Seems to be ok to mix with other substances though. Safer than z-drugs or benzos in this regard.

Seroquel is the best for sleep out of the antipsychotics but beware it's still a bona fide one, even just 50-75mg can induce dyskinesia, involuntary muscle zaps etc. and it metabolizes into a norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor, two reasons for to stick with the lowest dosage possible.
Yeah, I've been taking it awhile and sometimes it spontaneously gives quite bad side effects out of nowhere even with tolerance. It has a complex pharmacology that changes with dose.

As long as I stay under 50mg side effects are minimal. Above 50mg it can give me all sorts of serious negative side effects.

It's given everything from sleep paralysis, hallucinations, RLS, spasms, physical dysphoria, dizziness, fainting, etc...

Always seems unpredictable when it does. It's a very potent drug for sure, as goes with all antipsychotics.

Idk man....Ambien....it's a z drug?Have yried once.....put me to sleep very quickly.in the wakening-felt hangovers&metalic taste(zolpidem or zopiclon)...don&t remember,which was...for me this ambien is better for sleep,but still not like it,vut seroquel is alwful antypsychotic...would prefer insomnia,than take this....if it's prescribe for some mental health issue,than probably is different...but i could not take this for sleep troubles

Taking this just for sleep to me isn't a great idea. It has anti-depressant/anti-psychotic properties like others have mentioned. I was on that for a little bit, it didn't really make me tired.

You should see if you can get a prescription for Flexeril (Cyclobenzaprine). This stuff absolutely knocks a lot of people the fuck out. Oh, and uh... what is it... Hydroxizine. This shit WILL wreck you, like, guaranteed. It's basically just an anti-histamine with some anti-anxiety properties. When I'd taken this, I would feel groggy the entire next day even if I slept well. Once I became more tolerant it was all good, but I'd often just take half a pill.

Melatonin is also underrated. A lot of supplements have excess amounts, which I feel actually doesn't work as well (a less is more thing in my eyes). I've tried lots of melatonin supplements but Olly gummies win. Something about them knocks me out, hard. They have passionflower, lemon balm and some L-theanine which is likely what makes it more potent. It's like 1.5mg in 1 gummy, they have a 2.5mg version one as well but I don't see this one around as much.

I actually take Seroquel as a mood stabilizer, 400mg. I’ve always had a tough time sleeping. Took 10mg of Ambien nightly for years, worked fine right up to the point that it didn’t work, I think it was a tolerance issue. Tried Trazadone for a while. It does make me drowsy, but not enough to sleep.

I was on Abilify and my doctor suggested trying Seroquel as it’s more sedating. For the most part it works pretty well, within an hour I’m drowsy and able to sleep. As far as it’s effectiveness as a mood stabilizer, I haven’t noticed any difference between it or the Abilify. I’ve had a good long run without a manic or depressive episode.

No matter what's the pill...takin' it enough time u got tollerance issues....healthy suplements like melatonine are useful too,lighter&not habbit forming.Insomnia is a complex issue......there&s a different methods u can choose......as to me-it's often on cycle periods-can'tbsleep...then later dream came

You should see if you can get a prescription for Flexeril (Cyclobenzaprine). This stuff absolutely knocks a lot of people the fuck out. Oh, and uh... what is it... Hydroxizine.
Those will both knock you out for sure, but both have an extreme tolerance curve.

Particularly cylcobenzaprine. I've had a script a couple times and by the 4th day of taking it I couldn't even feel it. Even a double dose didn't make me tired at all. Same with hydroxyzine but to a slightly lesser extent.

Both schedule 4 I believe, too.

Anymore than 75-100mg of Quetiapine gives me unplesant dissociative effects - like too much Diphenhydramine, so I'm amazed when people are prescribed hundreds of mgs, but then everyone is wired differently. It can be very good for inducing sleep, probably better than Benzos or other standard sleeping pills, but it doesn't always work.