• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Seroquel

panda_subicedoneaz

Greenlighter
I have been prescribed seroquel. 3 X 100mg daily for my bipolar/anxiety and 2 X 200mg at night for sleeping and I've only just recently started hearing about quite a few people injecting seroquel and I'm just curious if anyone knows about this or does this themselves and how many mg they are doing and what's all the preparation done with the pills before injecting. And NO I'm not wanting to know because I want to do it. I used to shoot up meth/ice daily for quite a while and I don't have any good vein's left in my arms. I now shoot meth up once a week in the back of my hand. I've only ever injected meth and methadone (which is super dangerous I know) but the reason I'm asking about people shooting up seroquel is because I want to know/understand why they are shooting it up. Does it give u a different reaction then just swallowing them. I can't imagine they would cause any type of high or euphoria or anything. I do over use my 100mg ones because I take them to make sure I have a smooth come down from being on the ice for a weekend. Any if anyone knows about this I'm very interested in why people are injecting it.

I have never heard of anyone shooting up seroquel, though I could imagine a stim fiend with an existing IV fetish might try it out of desperation during psychosis levels of insomnia or a brutal comedown. I say that because people here have admitted to such using Zyprexa wafers (which, being fairly soluble are WAY safer than pills.

I have used prescribed Seroquel both for sleep and for stim comedowns and one or twice to kill a trip for one reason or another. From my experience, your dosage levels are pretty high for sleeping and for comedowns. I can’t comment regardind your dosage for bipolar/anxiety.

Seroquel induces high quality sleep at very low doses (25-50 mg) primarily because it is an anti-histamine. It is not effective as an anti-psychotic until dosage is north of 200 mg though.

If you have been up on meth for any more than 48 hours and it is more than about six hours since you last dosed, 50 mg should be enough to put you out if you time it to your next normal bedtime. Past 72 hours up 50 mg might even put you out only 2-3 hours after your last meth re-dose.

Taking a daily low dose of 50 mg is pretty good at warding off comedowns of any kind. But if you don’t take it daily I could see the use of a single big dowe of 100-200 mg to kill a bad comedown - but it would write you off for a day or so anyway in my experience.

Thank you. No I'm definitely over using my seroquel because of my anxiety anyway and and I'm taking upwards of about 1200mg daily/nightly to help with it. I do know a little bit about the lower the dose ur on the more effective it can work or something like that. I don't really understand but I'm definitely using more than double of what I'm prescribed to use daily because my anxiety is thru the roof right now. I don't know what I'm going to do when I run out of pills at the end of the box and then not have any left until I get my next script filled. My GP is pretty good at prescribing me multiple scripts of the same medications at one time but now the pharmacies are all linked together and they can now see when u last got that script filled and if it's not time to fill the script they can refuse. My chemist is pretty good with letting me get what I need when I need it. I take valium, seroquel, neulactil, largactil and sodium valproate for all of my anxiety and I've been over using all of those too. I need to see s therapist. And yes I do know that shooting meth is not helping my mental health issues at all but it's once a week now and it's not a lot. Here's hoping I can get some therapy before I end back up in the private mental health hospital that I have been admitted to s few times over the past like 7 years or so. I'll push through it.
Thanks for your reply and your advice about how much should be enough for a good comedown. But I am too far into abusing my seroquel now that it doesn't matter anyway. Do some people get a "high" or feelings of Euphoria or something when they take seroquel? Because it's becoming a pretty popular med in the past couple of year but even people who don't use them who aren't on meth so don't need to ride out a come down take them recreationaly and it has me baffled. I've never felt high from it. When I take enough it makes me sleep and zombie like but never high.

You don't want to over-use quetiapin/seroquel when you have anxiety, I did 400 or 500mg in the hope for it to kick me asleep but the result were finest panic attacks. Learned that one of the major metabolites is actually a potent norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor if not releaser/transporter inverse agonist - which is why higher dosages of seroquel are less sedating than lower.

A friend also entered a catatonic state from compulsively redosing her 600mg's, they said she could have died from it.
Read that quetiapine is abused mostly in prisons. Well, if you can tell that abusing as docs notoriously prescribe it for exact this reason, to put you asleep.

If you require such high dosages of it, I'd either use a more potent antipsychotic or if you don't have psychosis, one of the 1-gen-antihistamines.

I have been prescribed seroquel. 3 X 100mg daily for my bipolar/anxiety and 2 X 200mg at night for sleeping and I've only just recently started hearing about quite a few people injecting seroquel and I'm just curious if anyone knows about this or does this themselves and how many mg they are doing and what's all the preparation done with the pills before injecting. And NO I'm not wanting to know because I want to do it. I used to shoot up meth/ice daily for quite a while and I don't have any good vein's left in my arms. I now shoot meth up once a week in the back of my hand. I've only ever injected meth and methadone (which is super dangerous I know) but the reason I'm asking about people shooting up seroquel is because I want to know/understand why they are shooting it up. Does it give u a different reaction then just swallowing them. I can't imagine they would cause any type of high or euphoria or anything. I do over use my 100mg ones because I take them to make sure I have a smooth come down from being on the ice for a weekend. Any if anyone knows about this I'm very interested in why people are injecting it.

Don't bother. Seroquel dissolves only moderately well in water, so it's hard to get a decent dose into the needle. I have done it a few time and it's just not worth it. Sometimes there is a VERY mild sedation that disappears after a minute or two. Don't waste your time and meds, just swallow them. Chewing the pills works best if you want it to hit you harder and faster. That's the best method.

You don't want to over-use quetiapin/seroquel when you have anxiety, I did 400 or 500mg in the hope for it to kick me asleep but the result were finest panic attacks. Learned that one of the major metabolites is actually a potent norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor if not releaser/transporter inverse agonist - which is why higher dosages of seroquel are less sedating than lower.

A friend also entered a catatonic state from compulsively redosing her 600mg's, they said she could have died from it.
Read that quetiapine is abused mostly in prisons. Well, if you can tell that abusing as docs notoriously prescribe it for exact this reason, to put you asleep.

If you require such high dosages of it, I'd either use a more potent antipsychotic or if you don't have psychosis, one of the 1-gen-antihistamines.
So glad I came buy this post. I have been taking Seroquel for almost 15 years an the last 10 years at 1200mg’s. I lost my medical insurance due to a divorce so I don’t get my usual 90 day supply of Seroquel for a $5 copay. I have been trying to take 400-600mg’s at bedtime and although the dosage is half I wake up from my deep seroquel sleep in a full blown panic attack. I can’t afford to take the full dose nightly as I’ll stress even more if I think I’m gonna run out and freak out. I just wake up and want to bolt out the front door straight to the ER. I totally agree that Serokill creates the perfect panic attacks!!

So glad I came buy this post. I have been taking Seroquel for almost 15 years an the last 10 years at 1200mg’s. I lost my medical insurance due to a divorce so I don’t get my usual 90 day supply of Seroquel for a $5 copay. I have been trying to take 400-600mg’s at bedtime and although the dosage is half I wake up from my deep seroquel sleep in a full blown panic attack. I can’t afford to take the full dose nightly as I’ll stress even more if I think I’m gonna run out and freak out. I just wake up and want to bolt out the front door straight to the ER. I totally agree that Serokill creates the perfect panic attacks!!
In the past 15yrs since starting seroquel have you gained any weight or anything diabetes related, my insurance company denied my doctors prescription

In the past 15yrs since starting seroquel have you gained any weight or anything diabetes related, my insurance company denied my doctors prescription
without clinical supervision i cant say im surprised,
a sedative induced state and concern youre prescribed Seroquel (an anti-psychotic) im tipping raises flags for them.

Yes absolutely have gained weight. I’m all over the place luckily I have been on Adderall since 2008. I use to take Lunesta with my seroquel at bed time as it would put me down fast but not keep me down but got me over the nightly binge eating hump Regardless I still do refrigerator raids, sleep eating, binge eating but because I have sinus tachycardia and my heart rate is always so high my smartwatch and apps say I’m burning 4000-5000 calories a day. I can fluctuate 12-25lbs a month. I don’t have diabetes last A1C test was 5.5. I am hypoglycemic and seroquel occasionally tanks my blood glucose. Also when taking a lower dose rather than my regular 400mg x 3 at bedtime my blood pressure will tank along with my Sp02 but my pulse goes through the roof I mean 160-180bpm for about 15min sp02 70-80% blood pressure 60/40 This does not happen when I take my full dose 1200mg’s of Seroquel. I use to take trazadone got up to 900mg at bedtime and it just stopped working for me. Seroquel works as a mood stabilizer for me and a antidepressant if I do not take the full dose the night before the Seroquel doesn’t carry me over for a complete day I kind of start losing my shit mid afternoon

When I was bouncing around from rehab to rehab most of the time they refused to give me my full dosage of Seroquel they thought I was full of shit until I started bringing my bottles with me and even now some pharmacies will not fill if it is prescribe for 1200 mg since the FDA limitation for outpatient use is 750 mg. Same thing happened to me when I’m in the hospital he tried to give me a third of my dogs and I always have to fight with the doctors To get my complete does