• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Seroquel IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sobrietysucks

Bluelighter
How does Seroquel iV compare to oral. I don't take anti psychotics but may use some in the future at the end of a stimulant binge. The idea is to take the Seroquel as soon as the come down kicks in so I pass out and wake up fresh next day. I imagine iv administration would have an immediate onset while oral would take some time. The main purpose of SEROQUEL is to get a good night's sleep, what is a good dose?

Last edited:
I was prescribed 25mg regular tabs and those hit me within 10 minutes like a freight train when taken orally, Not really sure about IV'ing anything so I can't help you there however but it is a fairly rapid onset.

How does Seroquel iV compare to oral. I don't take anti psychotics but may use some in the future at the end of a stimulant binge. The idea is to take the Seroquel as soon as the come down kicks in so I pass out and wake up fresh next day. I imagine iv administration would have an immediate onset while oral would take some time. The main purpose of SEROQUEL is to get a good night's sleep, what is a good dose?
This is a terrible idea! Seroquel is only slightly water soluble. It's oral bioavailibility is already 100%. There is NO rush that comes with iv. Unless you have a micron filter, you shouldn't even consider iv'ing pills. The risk for QT- interval prolongation increases with iv administration. It's chances also increase with doses that are beyond the daily recomended, that's why it's safer to titrate your doses, rather than taking it all at once, therefor making iv administration the most risky out of all the roa's. There have been documented cases in which the cause of death has been cardiac arrest, due to iv seroquel..

NOT A GOOD IDEA!

Status
Not open for further replies.