• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Seroquel good for bothersome thoughts?

SneakyCosmos

Ex-Bluelighter
I was just precribed it for hallutionations. Does it help with clearer thinking? What is the difference between atypical anti-psychotic and say Abilify?

I was just precribed it for hallutionations. Does it help with clearer thinking? What is the difference between atypical anti-psychotic and say Abilify?
I was prescribed it for anxiety,racing thoughts , I took it at night and slept straight thru the night and the next morning I still felt it, I found it to strong to take in the morning it slowed me down which was no good for me to take at work , I personally wouldn’t take this everyday cause it changes my personality too much

the insurance company told my doctor to switch me off it cause it supposedly can lead to weight gain issues and diabetes ,

it will inhibit thinking in many things in the same time, which known as racing thought, so it cause cleaner thinking, as replacement for multitasking
high dose will be able to inhibit ability to understand complex things and inhibit motivation to do them, like programing and understanding this complex Seroquel how he work.
Lol, exactly, it’s not like you can’t feel it you can , you actually feel yourself slowed down mentally,

So people with generalised anxiety can take it, and it stops them overthinking, I took it once for a few days and had side effects, just like every other medication I've been put on, but I can't keep self medicating with vallies etc, but they do help, and I've heard horror stories about seroquel that's its very hard to come off especially to sleep without it and the tardive dyskinesia scares me to much, not that my doctor will put me back kned they're to scared after everything I've tried and had bad side effects from lol

Weird that Chlorprotixene isn't talked about. Neither is it prescribed very often I think. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chlorprothixene

But its a pretty solid substance ime. i had no side effect's. No drooling no sleeping. just putted my mind at rest gently.

The only other anti-psychotic i have experience with is Risperidone. Which is nothing alike. Risperidone was to me at 1 mg un-noticeable.

It is more sedating than abilify. I take 200mg Seroquel at night and 5mg abilify in the morning. Probably has more side effects than abilify. I've had some weight gain and such, but that has since stabilized.

The above comment's about other anti-psychotic's are all a bit the same. To many side effect's and to much sedation, the risk of lard-ass developing.

Truxal or Chlorprotixene felt clean to me, but I have no experience with this class. Once I declined a Seroquel tablet offered, so my only reference is 1 mg Risperidone which was a step down effect wise when compared to Chlorprotixene. I assume it was doing something but i never noticed it.

It’s okay if you HAVE TO numb your brain

Other then that you shouldn’t touch it at all just use it when you straight up need to and not daily, and not for any real abuse