• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Seroquel for sleep!?

ImSTILLtrying

Bluelighter
anyone find this works amazing? 100MG and I am out within an hour.

this coming from someone who if takes nothing I will stay up non-stop; I just cant sleep. I am a heroin addict who doesnt nod, barely gets any sleeps, and if I do, its 2-3 hours tops.

I've tried every sleep med there is; of course, I abused many of them as well but my current Suboxone Dr. scripts me Xanax and Seroquel to sleep. I try to stay away from the Xanny because I will abuse, so I dont even go down that road. however, there are days ill use both since the Xanny will knock me out quick and the Seroquel keeps me asleep; I've used a benzo before to sleep and they just keep me asleep for a few hours tops but w/ the Seroquel I will get 6-8 hour sleep.

anyone else use this? my Dr. scripted me before (about a year ago) but must have forgot, now he is also worried about me asking for it again and scripted me 50/MG/pills rather than the 100MG I've taken before.

anyone else need these things to sleep?

I take a large dose of quetiapine (Seroquel) every day to prevent panic attacks (it works even better than benzos for me). I've had a psychosis, too, but that was many years ago and it's not the primary reason why I take antipsychotics, anymore.

Antipsychotics are not thought to be addictive in the usual sense of the word, but they do cause a physical dependence in long term use, and it would be really difficult for me to quit using them now after being on them for 10 years (first risperidone, now quetiapine).

Seroquel is often prescribed, or alternatively, used to replace a prescribed US Scheduled Drug when a patient is admitted into a rehab/hospital/prison environment where the risk of "cheeking" for abuse and/or using for trade becomes much more prevelant&poses a safety concern...

The 2 most common drugs Seroquel is used to substitute in such an environment are Anti-depressants&Sleep medications, so, you are correct; Seroquel kicks your ass, knocks you out and might even make you a happier, more collective individual!

EDIT: If you are afraid of having a substance prescribed that you can potentially abuse, I highly recommend speaking with your M.D. on Trazodone. Great little sleep aid that is non-habit forming, I know many an individual that will get a script of Suboxone Therapy&Trazodone right along with it to help the recovering individual form a new, sober sleeping pattern.

Yep, its used off label to treat insomnia..

Can't reply to your PM at the moment, 180 min cooldown, but place my thread wherever you believe it will garner the most views; I was just concerned that the viewership would be limited in the megathread.

^ I just re opened it in OD.. If it gets burried and doesn't get the views it should, I can always merge it with the megathread.

Yep, its used off label to treat insomnia..

This
But it's an antipsychotics after all.

You should look into other ways to help you sleep, like cannabis, melatonin, or something as simple as L-Theanin (makes me really chill and I'll sleep for 8 jours straight, instead of six with a few breaks)

Seroquel is often prescribed, or alternatively, used to replace a prescribed US Scheduled Drug when a patient is admitted into a rehab/hospital/prison environment where the risk of "cheeking" for abuse and/or using for trade becomes much more prevelant&poses a safety concern...

The 2 most common drugs Seroquel is used to substitute in such an environment are Anti-depressants&Sleep medications, so, you are correct; Seroquel kicks your ass, knocks you out and might even make you a happier, more collective individual!

EDIT: If you are afraid of having a substance prescribed that you can potentially abuse, I highly recommend speaking with your M.D. on Trazodone. Great little sleep aid that is non-habit forming, I know many an individual that will get a script of Suboxone Therapy&Trazodone right along with it to help the recovering individual form a new, sober sleeping pattern.
lol, I've been in the drug game for 15+ years, if you think I havent taken/scripted/done it all w/ Trazadone, think again. also, I said its not easy for sleep; trazadone is for those who have a VERY SMALL PROBLEM because it is surly not a great sleep aid for someone w/ major issues.

I take a large dose of quetiapine (Seroquel) every day to prevent panic attacks (it works even better than benzos for me). I've had a psychosis, too, but that was many years ago and it's not the primary reason why I take antipsychotics, anymore.

Antipsychotics are not thought to be addictive in the usual sense of the word, but they do cause a physical dependence in long term use, and it would be really difficult for me to quit using them now after being on them for 10 years (first risperidone, now quetiapine).
what dose were you taking? I've taken 100MG/day (small dose for this drug) for at least 3-4 months straight and never had a problem coming off; no WD's or anything. I've been down that WD road many times but this was a breeze; I know everyone is different but just giving my experience.

This
But it's an antipsychotics after all.

You should look into other ways to help you sleep, like cannabis, melatonin, or something as simple as L-Theanin (makes me really chill and I'll sleep for 8 jours straight, instead of six with a few breaks)
as I said before, simple does not work for me.

smoking weed never my thang; makes me worry too much. I've tried every sleep drug known to man; I've even abused quite a few. throughout the years I always end up going back to Seroquel because it seems to work the best for me. I dont get these "great sleeps" people are talking about but I can at least get to bed within an hour or so and sleep for 4-5 hours. last night I took a 100MG's and kept waking up on the hour; ended up getting maybe 5 hours sleep if I am lucky. usually works better than that but we'll keep going and see where it takes me this time.

SLEEPING HAS ALWAYS BEEN A MAJOR PROBLEM FOR ME!

hell, even w/ all the heroin I shot through the years, I am the type of person who would never NOD; instead I am the one jumping around like a lunatic.

what dose were you taking? I've taken 100MG/day (small dose for this drug) for at least 3-4 months straight and never had a problem coming off; no WD's or anything. I've been down that WD road many times but this was a breeze; I know everyone is different but just giving my experience.

600 mg/day, that's equivalent to the 3 mg risperidone I was on earlier. The risperidone caused me hormonal disturbances (low testosterone), so it had to be changed to quetiapine last winter.

When you use enough Seroquel to have a large concentration of it in your blood 24/7, you will get tolerant to the sleep-inducing effect and there isn't that much daytime sleepiness anymore.

I take 50mg seroquel most nights for sleep.

If I don't take anything I'll sleep maybe 12 hours in a week.

Trazadone gave me horrible nightmares. The only antidepressant I can tolerate is wellbutrin which I take.

Opiates don't help me sleep, even if I hit a nod I'm in and out of it every 5 seconds.

Alcohol I can pass out an hour or two if I drink enough then I'm up and hungover the next day.

Benzos I can sleep on but I have to take doses that fuck me up 24 hours (10 bars, 10+mg kpins etc.)

Ambient lunesta etc don't do shit. If I take with no tolerance I might see funny shit.

Seroquel sucks but it knocks me the fuck out. I am able to sleep 6 hours usually on it.

anyone find this works amazing? 100MG and I am out within an hour.

this coming from someone who if takes nothing I will stay up non-stop; I just cant sleep. I am a heroin addict who doesnt nod, barely gets any sleeps, and if I do, its 2-3 hours tops.

I've tried every sleep med there is; of course, I abused many of them as well but my current Suboxone Dr. scripts me Xanax and Seroquel to sleep. I try to stay away from the Xanny because I will abuse, so I dont even go down that road. however, there are days ill use both since the Xanny will knock me out quick and the Seroquel keeps me asleep; I've used a benzo before to sleep and they just keep me asleep for a few hours tops but w/ the Seroquel I will get 6-8 hour sleep.

anyone else use this? my Dr. scripted me before (about a year ago) but must have forgot, now he is also worried about me asking for it again and scripted me 50/MG/pills rather than the 100MG I've taken before.

anyone else need these things to sleep?

My sister. She can't sleep without it.

Seroquel causes horrible twitches in my legs that prevent me from really sleeping at first, almost along the lines of restless leg syndrome. Even at doses as low as 50mg, Seroquel makes me feel like I have to move my legs or else I get highly uncomfortable.

Then again, when I take it, I get a slight period of time where I'm highly euphoric, almost high. Last time I took Seroquel, I had 100mg and kept seeing flashes of light in my peripheral and ahead of me. And it does knock me out. Some friends came over to smoke one night and I wouldn't even wake up to hit the blunt. I usually just rely on weed to get to sleep, anyways.

^ Yup! It does.

I have used and still have a prescription for Seroquel for insomnia and I find it terrible when I have to use it. The reason is very simple, it kills your motivation, it makes you so lethargic and lazy I feel you can't really live for 24 hours. I have tried to decrease the dosages, but it either does not work as it should or it does work making me devastated - so tired and lethargic - on the next day, regardless of tons of cups of coffee I take during the morning.

Sometimes when I really can't sleep for more than a couple of days I take the 100mg pill (it used to be more) and because of that I have had more car accidents than my insurance can accept, and the reason this happens is simply because I get so slow and retarded even if I have taken the medication on the previous day before night time. That's what Seroquel does in my case.

I know I can't take benzos or opiates anymore. And I have tried many other antidepressants to try to sleep (mirtazapine for instance), but unfortunately Seroquel is the only that functions, although I strongly oppose to use it due to the reasons above. That's also the only medication my doctor prescribes me since I quit opiates.

Over the past couple of decades doctors have been giving it out like candy in Quebec. I suppose it doesn't have the abuse potential of opiates and benzos, and it shuts people up. Hard to complain when it's hard to move your lips.

Ok, that may be a bit cynical, but......

I don't see why a doctor would hesitate to prescribe seroquel (besides it not being the best treatment) for insomnia.

It's not scheduled or controlled so the DEA doesn't hassle you, it's impossible to get high on (if tired = high to anyone we have different taste) and antipsychotics cost a lot so the company that makes it probably sends kickbacks.

Seroquel causes horrible twitches in my legs that prevent me from really sleeping at first, almost along the lines of restless leg syndrome. Even at doses as low as 50mg, Seroquel makes me feel like I have to move my legs or else I get highly uncomfortable.

Then again, when I take it, I get a slight period of time where I'm highly euphoric, almost high. Last time I took Seroquel, I had 100mg and kept seeing flashes of light in my peripheral and ahead of me. And it does knock me out. Some friends came over to smoke one night and I wouldn't even wake up to hit the blunt. I usually just rely on weed to get to sleep, anyways.

Doesn't it work like an antihistamine at lower doses? RLS is a common issue with drugs like that. I was prescribed promethazine for sleep, made my entire body go into RLS mode; I couldn't stop squirming around and rocking my entire body.

Ironically, I took 50mg seroquel last night for a stim comedown, but only slept about 5 hours. Didn't knock me out like it used to.