• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Seroquel and night sweats

hmm i take 50 mgs seroquel every night and have never gotten night sweats..the only side effect i notice from seroquel is occasionally my mind feels sometimes like jello when i wake up..its a pretty good sleep aid, it actually keeps me asleep thru the night..

Sweating is a know side effect of Seroquel. It can also be a symptom of a serious adverse reaction called Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome or NMS. NMS is a potentially fatal complication of antipsychotic medications such as Seroquel. If you have some of the following symptoms please see your doctor:
high fever
muscular rigidity
rapid heartbeat
altered mental state
tremor
dark urine
profuse sweating
rapid breathing
incontinence

Of course as Ho-Chi-Minh mentioned there could also be other causes for the night sweats. It can be hard to know where specific side effects are coming from when you take a number of different drugs.

I have heard of many others having night sweats and/or sweating in general from Seroquel but I don't know if there is a huge amount you can do to stop it other than switching to a different drug. You could shower before bed, keep your room cool (but not too cold), and use only natural bedding - NO synthetic down/polyester/etc, all-cotton sheets, etc. Here is a list of natural ways to reduce excessive sweating.

Sweating is NOT a sweating of seroquel.

Atypical antipsycotics. DECREASE sweating. you are incorrect.

however. Sweating is a known side effect of your wellbutrin. it increases norepinephrine, which binds to somethings called your alpha 1 rceptors, whih caues sweating.

I started seroquel 2 months ago 50mg. Yesterday he put my dosage at 100mg. I woke up in the middle of the night in a puddle of sweat. So yes seroquel definitely causes night sweat. At least to some people including myself. I'm just glad i'm not the only one. I was nervous.

I took Seroquel for a total of 2 nights and couldn't take it anymore because not only did it make my sleep worse, it caused me to sweat under my boobs and backs of knees. The sweat wasn't even like normal sweat. It was like so heavy and thick. Idk how to explain it. But my sleep is better without that crap. I know for a fact the Seroquel caused me to have night sweats! I'll take anxiety any day over feeling hot and sweaty! 🤮🤮🤮

Sweating is NOT a sweating of seroquel.

Atypical antipsycotics. DECREASE sweating. you are incorrect.

however. Sweating is a known side effect of your wellbutrin. it increases norepinephrine, which binds to somethings called your alpha 1 rceptors, whih caues sweating.
Actually Seroquel is a antihistamine as well as an anti-muscarinic agent which causes night sweats