Serequel,quitiapine again

jayjaysleepyhead

Bluelighter
Hi again, folks well again its the dreaded serequel , I just cant get away from it , I had a dreadful time cold turkeying it, but its the only tab that gets me to sleep, whoever says like 50mg, to 100mg gets u to sleep are talking for themselves I need 300mg I got 9 150s here now and part of me does not want to take them as the withdrawls are well id go as far as saying worse than any benzo, heroin etc anything actually but it was like 4 days real rapid horrible death but then theres not sleeping and as u know as there must be insomniacs out there. There is nothing worse than a sleepless night, I hate it and even though im self medicating,i got my 2nd phsycotherapy appt on monday coming and I doubt he will prescribe me as im coming off methadone 24mg and 10mg diazepam all daily, these drs think u will automatically sleep taking these drugs, ive never been able to sleep unless I take a handful of benzos or the serequel . I cant win I know the longer I stay on serequel I will sleep and the supply is always there unless he goes to prison or dies . U never know id much rather get them legally off a dr but im not confident which is why I self medicate and its one horrible tablet, to come off, see im wide awake now these serequel are prolonged release I took 200mg last night and barely slept till about 6am so s..t wot do I do all helpful answers very welcome.

I can't stand seroquel either. It didn't even give me a full night sleep after I think 400mg.
I woke up in the middle of the night with a very foggy head.
Next day I would just feel hungover.
These days luckily I sleep just fine, it comes and goes. But I smoke a lot of weed. It helps me sleep and relax.

Hoping better times come for you soon. Do you have periods of insomnia or is it a chronic thing?

Its defo, chronic unless I take a bundle of benzos, and u are right I took 300mg last night and got a s..t nights sleep . Can I ask did u get bad withdrawls or were u not taking it reguarly enough to get withdrawls , because I got extreme withdrawls like a fever, leg joints moving irreguarly, hot and cold sweats, but ive also tried every sort of legal therapies like darkness, meditation, exercise ,even tabs like zopiclone, ambien, im stuck and went back on 150mg once at night 1hr 30 min before I would try to sleep also with serequel because I buy the prolonged release tabs its hard to say when they actually kick in if they even do,and I know how dangerous the withdrawls are so I got 7 150s left they sat the lower the dose the better for sleep, like anything between 12.5 mg to 100 mg is ok for sleep , but as we are all different I say bulls..t to that, I mean 12.5mg thats a joke but on certain people with low tolerance,it must week , im going to try and cut my 150s into 3 ,so I will be taking 50mg per night as I dont want to stop like last time, I swear it was so horrific , I took 150mg at night for 2weeks, and I thought id be ok just stopping, well my friend dont just stop, trust a man with experience its horrific, so id be interested ti know what way u took them what doseage and effects if any when u stopped taking serequel,maybe u have not stopped, maybe u only use it recreationally, pm me or just continue on this thread as I know serequel in the states is becoming very big its an anti=phsych as we know , I blame drz. Thanx Jason

No man, I didn't take it long enough to experience w/d's luckily. They sound horrendous.
But I have never heard of the pain you're experiencing when stopping this numbing drug.
I took just a handful once and that me feel just horrible with little sleep.

I took 400mg a night over a week and that was my goodbye to seroquel.
Hope you find a better solution , brother.