• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

serequel and concerta q

jameson146

Greenlighter
Hi i have read here that taking concerta and serequel will cancel eachother out.Could 25 mg serequel and 54 mg cpncerta even cancel eachother put .would the 25 mg serequel make the concerta uneffective?

i believe so.

sero antagonizes DA and concerta blocks the re-uptake iirc

i could be wrong, but i moved your thread for you :).

generally seroquel can be used for the unwanted after effects of the leftover Dopamine in your synapses from concerta/uppers.

I doubt it.

25 mg is very very low when i was inpatient they had some kids on 800 mg .

Higher doses can definitely cancel out the effects of concerta but low doses if anything would prob just act like a antihistamine and do nothing or increase the reinforcing effects slightly by reducing side effects like flushing.
Very low doses likely as a antihistamine might make you feel slightly less stimulated maybe or increase the reinforcing effects slightly by reducing side effects
Low doses might block alpha adrenic receptors but probably only slightly therefore prob just binding to presynaptic receptors either increaskng the effects of methylphenidate slightly with noradrenaline in the prefrontal cortex or having no effect and blocking 5 ht2a and 5 ht2c receptors seritonin which long term might increase sensitivity to the rewarding effects of methylphenidate via general antidepressant mechanism. But acute effects at these 5 ht receptors could reduce methylphenidates percieved euphoria.
Mod or high doses block alpha adrenic receptors which may reduce the vasoconstriction stimulation wired feeling
Very high doses interact with dopamine d2 receptors which may reduce the reinforcing effects of concerta

Im not a doctor im guessig