• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

sequel vs olanzepine

Definitely olanzapine. Even half of a 2.5 mg pill (lowest dose they make) will knock you out solid for at least 8 hours with no tolerance. Quetiapine 25 mg pales in comparison, although it's worth mentioning that you can take up to 800 mg safely.

I found olanzapine to be amongst the least sedating of antipsychotics. Quetiapine not much more unless in doses above 100mg. If you can acquire it aripiprazole is definitely heavily sedating.

Odd, I have the opposite reaction: I don't even feel 10 mg of aripiprazole, while olanzapine knocks me out at milligram doses. In fact, when I first got on aripirazole (2 mg) I found it to be somewhat stimulating, although that wore off after a few months. Now it's just neutral.

ok i tried 20mg of olanzapine which did make me somewhat groggy. but ive read on orther threads that quietapine to be very very heavy duty knock out stuff at doses of 25/50mg eg sleep for 11hrs + thats ok if you have the next day to do nothin?

Odd, I have the opposite reaction: I don't even feel 10 mg of aripiprazole, while olanzapine knocks me out at milligram doses. In fact, when I first got on aripirazole (2 mg) I found it to be somewhat stimulating, although that wore off after a few months. Now it's just neutral.

Hmm strange that you seem to be affected in reverse to the sedation caused by these drugs. It is pretty well documented that olanzapine is amongst the lesser sedating of Antipsychotics (it's got quite a propensity to increase appetite/weight gain). Quetiapine and Aripiprazole are a lot more sedating, Aripiprazole being vastly more sedating (it knocked me out for a day/day and a half with lower doses). Quetiapine I've only had in doses of 100mg and same for people I know. Thus I've little knowledge on lower dosing, safe to assume that it's definitely sedating. At 100mg some people I've spoke to say it feels like an OD.

Further to OP's question Olanzapine isn't that great on it's own for sedation. When I was prescribed 15mg Olanzapine with 45mg Mirtazapine it hugely boosted the sedation. I was at the point where Mirtazapine alone was no longer giving me sedation. Thus olanzapine works great synergistically with other histamine based sedatives, mind this does come with extra side effects though.
If you're being prescribed antipsychotics for sleep anxiety then maybe ask your gp about Mirtazapine also. It is great for sleep and also will help with anxiety also.
I hope this helps and good luck.

Both of these substances are have caused SO many issues in my life..I just couldn't NOT reply. To answer your question first OP, zyprexa is much more sedating then quel. I was misdiagnosed, for 2 years with scitzophrenia, when all the while I had been dealing with manic depression. And there hasn't been anything more discouraging to me than these atypical antipsychotics. These drugs have sent me to psyc ward 4 times before I was correctly diagnosed and these were all trashed.