Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Sensory deprivation (floatation) tank and psychedelics

Achten

Bluelighter
Has anyone ever combined these two?
What was it like? Would you say some molecules are better suited than others?
Not meaning to make this a "what should i take" thread ! But would you value something introspective rather than visual, for example?
My first guess would be something like MiPT, not overly sensoric, and largely with a positive vibe.

Hey, so I actually tried this for the first time a few days ago! It was also my first time in a float tank, so it's hard to say how much of my experience was from the tank itself vs the drug. I took ~25mg 2C-C about an hour and a half before entering the tank. Unfortunately, this dose was definitely not enough for my liking, but still made for an excellent experience in the tank. Next time i will go for something much stronger.

I've never tried MiPT, so I can't really give advice on that. However, next time I float I'm going to try something like 4-AcO-DMT, AL-LAD, or a higher dose of 2C-C/2C-B. I bet the sensory deprivation would let the visuals of those go wild! Although, after my first float I think a dissociative like ketamine would be a perfect choice for the tank. I think it all depends what you're looking to get out of the experience.

Yea I actually have quite a bit of experience using psychedelics in a tank. I actually just set an appointment for a two and a half hour float which I intend to do on LSD.

I would recommend a disso as the mental imagery is off the charts.

Have you floated before?

I have floated 2 times now. Once 60mins and once 90mins.

I was thinking now about doing it once a week for a month to really train myself. After that I'm hoping to dose and see what's there for me ;)