• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Selling Reagents to buy a GC/MS

irchrisb

Greenlighter
Helloooo,

I wanted to throw out an idea I had of starting a business that sells reagents. Doesn't that sound like a new and great idea! But really, I'm wanting to start a lab that makes most, if not all, of the reagents for testing substances like MDMA, LSD, cocaine, ketamine, etc. I want to start out offering the Marquis reagent and expand to Mecke, Mandolin, Ehrlich and Simons. I would like to offer these kits at some ridicules low price. Which brings me to my first question, how much do you want to pay for reagents? And, free is an acceptable answer. The reason we would be able to offer there reagents at great prices is our team have years of lean production experience in a forensic laboratory.
Now I love the idea of giving people presumptive positive and negatives spot test results. I love it more that people can get results in the comfort of their own home, in a parking lot, or where ever they need it. I do believe that these tests are a important part of a well informed public. However, I know we can't stop there. Just offering presumptive tests will only lead to a cat and mouse game with dealers trying to cheat the tests.
What we need is gas chromatography mass-spectrometry. The profits from the sale our reagents will go to the purchase of a GC/MS. This is where I think our company can really educate and help the public in understanding the chemical makeup and composition of the substances on the market.
What do you think? Have any questions? Please be brutal and honest its the only way I will grow. Thanks

I'm not a drug user, but if you started a lab doing this at the cost of $15-$20 a kit, I will put my full support behind it and provide what help I can with getting chemical precursors needed for synthesis of certain reagents. and occasional donations when I can afford to donate. Money's tight right now though. Trying to get a somewhat better paying job. Best of luck!

GC/MS equipment costs tens of thousands of pounds, it'll be years before you could do this and even then you face issues with licences for handling controlled substances. Better to collaborate with bunk police or someone.

Thanks for the support and I will keep you posted as to where we are at with our operations.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but anyone can buy a GC/MS but the key issue you will have is getting hold of the analysis package for controlled substances. GC machines only search for what is uploaded in their library. They don't come with every substance known to man preloaded. So you have as Transform said license to process illicit but also to get that library of data to load the machine with