Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Self reflection on LSD? Need feedback.

Nati

Bluelighter
Hello all.
I have been a hardcore heroin IV addict for 4 years and recently have gotten clean.

Lately, I've had a lot of things on my mind and dilemmas I just can't seem to sort out. It's just hard for me wrap my head around a couple things, and understand kinda where I'm at right now. I feel lost. I want to move on from some different aspects in my life.

So, my question is..

What will LSD do for me in terms of understanding where I'm at?

I have NEVER done LSD. Not out of fear, I don't have any anxiety or depression issues. It just has not presented itself until now. I have done MDMA, as well as 25inbome. I handled it well and it was a good experience. However, I never experienced any self reflection or crazy thoughts on those..
Is it possible that doing this LSD will sort of aid me in unraveling the tangled web that is my thoughts, or am I setting myself up for a bad time? Just curious if anyone's ever used LSD in this manner.

Thank you for the feedback, my experience with psychedelics is limited, so any feedback on this would be much appreciated!

For me personally, what it did first and foremost (during the comeup) was amplify all the feeling that was already within me. All the things I wasn't really necessarily looking to face: anxiety, hopelessness, etc. Another thing it did was greatly alter my thought process. I can really see how LSD can be used as a tool for problem solving expanding conciousness.

With that being said, it's very easy to get emotional (either negatively or positively) and you might end up going into a tangent of thinking something you would not want to continue, if that makes any sense.
If you're able to handle your shit and keep a neutral (or maybe even positive) mindset, I can see it giving you some insight. But for me, it's easier said than done. I realized there are an infinite number of "Truths" out there, going in both a positive and negative direction. It's You who chooses which "truth" you subscribe to.

And lastly, I would not go into the trip thinking that it's going to change your whole life for the better. That might seem like a slight contradiction to my other statements, but what I mean is this: When you trip on LSD thinking that it's going to answer all of your questions, fix all your problems, etc you are already starting the trip on a bad note. You're implying that you're life is less than satisfactory.

**Please note that I'm not saying this about you personally, but rather hypothetically. In any case everything I've listed is just what I came to the conclusion of from my 1 time experience with LSD. It was a difficult experience for me, but after it was all said and done I had more respect for it and I could definitely see the potential of it.

This is why lsd is so powerful; that it can illicit these kinds of responses from its users, which vary significantly. If you can control your emotions, and sort of separate logic from that, then it's easier to see things as they are.

We all have some ego, some are humble to downplay it, but naturally lsd will make yourself the central focus. The more intense your emotions, the more the effects ramp up too. This becomes a pattern until you try to recognize what the deep reasons are, then once you come to terms with that, then you could be at peace.

Then again, this has just been ime, maybe others idk, but lsd frees up the mind away from ego domination. It lets you see things in a very different way. Although I cherish my trips, most of them I would not want to repeat because they're lost their luster until the next phase. So yeah, it can help you or hurt you, depending on the person and how prepared they are. :)

I have also been a heroin addict, and had taken LSD when I had recently become clean. I suppose it helped me look at myself and my actions from a different point of view, and I ended up with a pretty well defined check list regarding what I wanted to differently. Did I do those things? No. But then I got high again shortly thereafter. I didn't have a bad trip, knowing I was clean was happy and freeing.

Hi guys,

Thank you for the input. Much appreciated.

A little follow up on my post, I decided to not try it. As others stated, I think it would bring up a lot of my dark past. Which I don't think would benefit me in going forward. I don't consider myself anxious or depressed in a sober state but I'm sure adding a psych in my certain condition would pull those feelings out of me.

Maybe further down the road in recovery? Who knows.

I am in recovery from heroin addiction as well, and find LSD is a useful tool. Bill Wilson, the founder of AA, famously used LSD to help induce the "spiritual awakening" that Step 12 talks about. If you do decide to dose, LSD is very manageable in low doses and from my experience difficult to have a "bad trip" on until you take several hundred ug at once.

I wouldn't say to be afraid of the drug, but rather to have a healthy respect for it and as always - know your mind, know your body, and know your source. Perhaps identifying some of your underlying negative feelings and perceptions about yourself and gaining some insight into them is a useful step to you removing them from your life. Many LSD trips that are at times unpleasant prove to be the most productive of trips as far as what you take back with you when the LSD wears off.

Good luck with your recovery, and congrats for getting that monkey off your back.