• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Self Hypnosis?

User145667

Bluelighter
Kind of weird question but can one potentiate an opioid high or lower tolerance/ upregulate receptors / inhibit CCK with self hypnosis? Can you also cause yourself to release more endorphins/dopamine/Testosterone/etc?

Has anyone tried this? Any success? It seems like hypnosis tapes work if you dont over do them, so is it possible to translate this into the drug world?

Kind of weird question but can one potentiate an opioid high or lower tolerance/ upregulate receptors / inhibit CCK with self hypnosis? Can you also cause yourself to release more endorphins/dopamine/Testosterone/etc?

Has anyone tried this? Any success? It seems like hypnosis tapes work if you dont over do them, so is it possible to translate this into the drug world?
I've been exploring this idea. I've had some success with meditation and breathing. It's a proces, once you get to meditating and get into theta then you can hypnotize yourself....

I've always been curious about hypnosis and meditation but unfortunately I think it takes years of strong discipline to learn meditation to the point of being able to emulate drugs and I'm not exactly the strongest mind out there but it seems to be possible.

Not exactly what you asked for but do you know these 'acoustic drug' vids on YouTube which promise to make you feel more energetic, to fall asleep, like caffeine or cocaine, etc? And just sound strange? Try those while high on dissociatives (or psychedelics, probably) and you will get potentiation of effects.

I've tried hypnosis tapes for learning morse code, falling asleep, etc..

IMO, what hypnosis does is remove blocks in your subconscious and/or gets your subconscious mind's "buy in".
It facilitates whatever goal you are chasing, but it will not do it for you.
You can't just do hypnosis and hope for results, but it will help you achieve what you are after if you are also putting your other efforts toward that goal.

As (real) psychiatrists doing (real) hypnosis are really rare and it’s a skill requiring both knowledge and sort of talent making it really rare. And even more so is mastering art of self-hypnosis.

My doctor told me it really isn’t wise to do hypnosis on people who are on drugs, I’ll have to continue that talk. But I’m into meditation anyway and just need the hypnotist to get some passwords and pictures from my mind.

Wow this was a lot more accepted of a topic than I thought it would be lol. Thanks for the comments guys. For me the hypnosis thing is kinda hit or miss. I've felt it work great for things like quitting smoking and anxiety, but then other times no effect. I feel like of you overuse it it loses its effect. Or maybe you just get so accustom to it that you don't focus as you should.

Either way, the topic is definitely food for thought

Wow this was a lot more accepted of a topic than I thought it would be lol. Thanks for the comments guys. For me the hypnosis thing is kinda hit or miss. I've felt it work great for things like quitting smoking and anxiety, but then other times no effect. I feel like of you overuse it it loses its effect. Or maybe you just get so accustom to it that you don't focus as you should.

Either way, the topic is definitely food for thought

We like to stay open minded around here :)

-GC