• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Self control can be one hell of a drug

sos123sos

Greenlighter
I wanna préface this by saying I originally just wanted to post this in the europe/Africa thread, but changed my mind because it might give hope or courage or whatever you want to call it to people who are, or have been, where I was.

Also it's a lot of text, so tl,dr thank you to this forum for helping me get back in control of my usage, I'm finally able to enjoy the upsides without the guilt of addiction. I've been lost, dragged away by my extreme lack of self control and self respect, but I managed to crawl my way out (with quite a lot of help).

If you read this block of text, I hope it helps.

Hi all, haven't been here in a couple years!

First ended up here when I was having some C issues, managed to stay clean for a couple years so yay me!
Recently though the urge has gotten bigger again. Made some new friends via my gf, awesome people, not afraid of the snow either. They don't push me to do anything, hardly ever even propose a line, and they're great at respecting my boundaries.
Over the past year or so I've done snow semi-regularly (like maximum 2x a month), but because of the great "team spirit" with my gf and her friends it doesn't get out of hand anymore.
I've got the extra support you might say of being a stepfather to a wonderful 7yo boy, and I refuse to let myself take anything when he's with us. My single guilty pleasure is a couple beers a night, which for me is a big thing considering where I'm coming from.
At long last stop means stop, and enough is finally enough instead of an excuse to do more so I can keep going till the sun goes up, or even back down.

I'm sorry not sorry if this seems boring, this is simply the only place where I feel some people might get some strength out if my story.

Have fun, know your own limits, and fuck whatever society says about you!

P.S. Thank you to the wonderful people who helped me get my life back together all those years ago, thanks for the tips about how to manage dosing better, how to pace myself, and most of all how to control myself.
Those times were vague, but I do remember all the positive, optimistic and helpful people on this forum. You might've saved my life.
Keep being awesome additions to this fucked up world x

SOS no longer needed, thank you all

P.P.S. For all you curious folks out there, feel free to check my profile for past posted threads, they document my start with drugs pretty well. Once I felt I had it under control I left, if you ever feel like you might be going over your limit, or are about to, please don't make my mistake, just ask for help with people you trust.
Drugs can be so much fun, just know yourself...

Last edited: