• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Seizure risk w/tapentadol, and clozaril.

Generic84

Bluelighter
I'm going to be getting Tapentadol, and am wondering is it dangerous with seizure risk. I figure probably is rare, but said antipsychotic w/tapentadol can lower seizure threshold. Thanks.

I know tramadol has a pretty big seizure risk. I would be very cautious if you are already at risk for seizure.

I'd be a bit careful with tapentadol. Especially if it's the first time you take it. In low and therapeutic doses, I don't think there are many problems. Apparently it's much safer than tramadol because it's almost no effect on serotonin, so there are many risks of seizures like tram.
* I have taken 600 mg of tapentadol with 500 mg of tramadol on TOP many times and I'm still alive. But at +1000 mg of tapentadol, muscle jerks and spasms start to appear, so I guess you're entering seizure territory at those doses.

* It's not recommended for anyone without tolerance or experience taking tramadol or tapentadol.

It kind of made my heart feel weird when I took it . Weird beats and pauses , and that was a rare side effect listed on the path let

It kind of made my heart feel weird when I took it . Weird beats and pauses , and that was a rare side effect listed on the path let
Ah, damn. Sorry, was it euphoric at least? Hope will be alright.

Ah, damn. Sorry, was it euphoric at least? Hope will be alright.

Some say that even tapentadol causes hallucinations. :ROFLMAO: Personally, it has never happened to me. But I found it more sedative than tramadol for example, and during the noding I started talking thinking I was with someone :LOL: (weird stuff but funny). Also sometimes it made me go blank, especially in high doses. Also stuttering, but that is an effect that almost all opioids cause me at first, especially when I feel a lot of euphoria.
Tapentadol feels more like an opioid, compared to tramadol, and is definitely more euphoric and fast-acting (within fifteen minutes I was already feeling the effects). The BAD thing is that the euphoria is much shorter and for the same reason it makes me want to compulsively redose.
Please mate, let us know about your experience with this drug, as there are not many reports of it on the internet.
I take tablets (chew it) called Palexis from Grunenthal (same lab that made tramadol).
Be safe man.

Some say that even tapentadol causes hallucinations. :ROFLMAO: Personally, it has never happened to me. But I found it more sedative than tramadol for example, and during the noding I started talking thinking I was with someone :LOL: (weird stuff but funny). Also sometimes it made me go blank, especially in high doses. Also stuttering, but that is an effect that almost all opioids cause me at first, especially when I feel a lot of euphoria.
Tapentadol feels more like an opioid, compared to tramadol, and is definitely more euphoric and fast-acting (within fifteen minutes I was already feeling the effects). The BAD thing is that the euphoria is much shorter and for the same reason it makes me want to compulsively redose.
Please mate, let us know about your experience with this drug, as there are not many reports of it on the internet.
I take tablets (chew it) called Palexis from Grunenthal (same lab that made tramadol).
Be safe man.

Alright should be tomorrow. Should I start with like 50 mg, or 100? I'll report back how it went.

Alright should be tomorrow. Should I start with like 50 mg, or 100? I'll report back how it went.

How is your tolerance to opioids? Have you ever taken them? Daily?

50 mg tapentadol is like 10 mg of oxycodone.

If I was you, and I had little or no tolerance for opioids, I'd start with 50mg. If after 30-60 minutes I don't notice the "good" effects, take another 50 mg. more.

How is your tolerance to opioids? Have you ever taken them? Daily?

50 mg tapentadol is like 10 mg of oxycodone.

If I was you, and I had little or no tolerance for opioids, I'd start with 50mg. If after 30-60 minutes I don't notice the "good" effects, take another 50 mg. more.

Hi, I ended up dosing about 200 mg. Feeling good. Just took 50 more, but now done.

Hi, I ended up dosing about 200 mg. Feeling good. Just took 50 more, but now done.

I'm so glad it worked. :love:

The first one I took it was also 200mg but I had a tremendous tolerance to tramadol (tapentadol littles brother :LOL:).

Did it seem more stimulating or sedative? Some people are more affected by the action on norepinephrine. But I have always found it more sedating. Unlike tramadol, it's much easier to nodding off.

I'm so glad it worked. :love:

The first one I took it was also 200mg but I had a tremendous tolerance to tramadol (tapentadol littles brother :LOL:).

Did it seem more stimulating or sedative? Some people are more affected by the action on norepinephrine. But I have always found it more sedating. Unlike tramadol, it's much easier to nodding off.

Hi,

Yeah, was really sedating. I started 50, worked my way to 200 mg. I was nodding off somewhat. Next time, going to try 200 at once, see if there is more euphoria.

My mother is prescribed tramadol for rheumatoid arthritis and she has epilepsy following a stroke. The doctors know all this and still gave her tramadol so I guess they know the risk isn't that bad at low doses. She does take medication for epilepsy of course so that helps too I guess.
I wouldn't go over 500mg a day with tapentadol as it's not been studied at dosages higher than that and it might very well trigger seizures more easily at that dosages.
Tramadol has a limit of 400mg a day to avoid seizures but they can occur even at therapeutic dosages in certain people. It depends on your body.
I've done slightly more than 400mg of tramadol in a day with no issues but I'm not prone to seizures.