• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Seizure + OBE from high dose concentrate

CrypticArc

Bluelighter
I have a friend who claims that he was ripping hash, dabs and kief all night over and over until he had a full on psychedelic experience. At some point he had a seizure, during which he went out of his body, and he said that he was watching his friend shaking his body to try to snap him out of it or wake him up or something. How can cannabis cause this type of thing to happen? I'm super confused.

i doubt it lol, unless he has no resistance at all and fell asleep and dreamt it.

He used to smoke every day but has cut back recently, although he does still smoke weekly at the bare minimum. I've seen people who had no tolerance have genuine psychedelic experiences before. His friend had an account of the experience, and their versions of the events match up.

Maybe, just an idea, someone who's already prone to seizures could experience certain stimuli that encourage them at unheard of quantities of THC/other cannabinoids? Even in this case it would be EXTREMELY rare, but I should also note that the person in question has never had seizures before this. I've certainly heard of people having seizures with synth noids after smoking huge amounts of them.

It is possible for someone who has the correct body conditions, low blood sugar and fatigue, to faint or pass out and have muscle spasms but it is not a seizure in the neurological sense. If he fainted it would be possible that in his altered mind state he experienced something. I once fainted after taking mushrooms and smoking a blunt with a friend for me it wasnt fun basically I remember thinking "wow i am light headed" and then suddenly appearing on the ground with my side hurting. My friend was all worried and shit and I knew it was from shrooms weed and no food thats it.

My guess is he didnt eat enough or something minor and the combo put him on his ass for 5 seconds and he received an exaggerated report of what happened from a concerned friend,

He could have deprived himself of enough oxygen to have passed out and been near death. Who knows?

have muscle spasms but it is not a seizure in the neurological sense.

that's likely what it is. i remember when i had a massive dose of honey oil (edible) one time i had extremely vicious muscle spasms and it sure as hell feels like some sort of seizure but it's not.

FWIW an EMT mate hooked me up to a portable EKG machine during that episode and I couldn't believe the readings were normal even though I felt absolutely fucked. I've never had on any other drugs such an event where I couldn't trust my own senses. I couldn't even measure my own pulse.

It is possible for someone who has the correct body conditions, low blood sugar and fatigue, to faint or pass out and have muscle spasms but it is not a seizure in the neurological sense. If he fainted it would be possible that in his altered mind state he experienced something. I once fainted after taking mushrooms and smoking a blunt with a friend for me it wasnt fun basically I remember thinking "wow i am light headed" and then suddenly appearing on the ground with my side hurting. My friend was all worried and shit and I knew it was from shrooms weed and no food thats it.

My guess is he didnt eat enough or something minor and the combo put him on his ass for 5 seconds and he received an exaggerated report of what happened from a concerned friend,

Given the right body condition I think it would be possible for someone to experience a full on seizure, but if the only suspect drug really is weed then I'd have to say it is unlikely unless your friend was really not taking care of himself while simultaneously working himself to the max... not characteristic of a stoner lol.

As far as an out of body expereince.. it could just be that he might have really fainted but his body/brain did not go into full convulsions, but still awoke with a lapse in memory. When you have a lapse in memory like this it is easy to fill in with what you think might have happened, or make up memories simply put. Unless he was flailing, making gaging and choking noises and woke up feeling very sore, stiff, and numb then probably not full seizure, more just fainted.

I had a seizure related to drug wd and went into full blown grand mal seizure. Almost a week ago and my body is still sore throughout. He would probably be tired and groggy as hell for the next few days to few weeks after as well.

I think I agree with szuko on this one