View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Seizure like effect with DMT

ninjapirateroberts

Bluelighter
DMT always scares the shit out of me. One of the reasons I prefer other psychedelics like LSD and ketamine is that it doesn't scare me. DMT is very fast-moving, disorienting, confusing, and just scary. I did around 35-40mg DMT a few days ago and I hear tinnitus as usual (I usually do DMT with on airpods on noise-cancellation mode because I live with other housemates and we don't know each other and they move around the house). I was constantly scared about getting seizure during the experience (I always get this feeling every time I try DMT). The effects kicked in, everything was moving around and was very disorienting. I began concentrating on something I was seeing and I got this "impending doom" effect and that I was about to get a seizure. I got one of the worst brain-zap I ever got in my life. It literally shook my head and I tapped both my teeth so hard (felt some pain in the teeth afterward, I can't control it, it was as if I got a mini-seizure and my tapped my teeth together very forcefully). After that brain-zap, I opened my eyes and never closed again. I kept it open until the DMT wore off (I was just few inches away from taking benzo as a safety precaution, but didn't do it). I then threw away every DMT I got onto toilet and flushed it. I have no plan to try DMT again. From now on, when it comes to psychedelics, I'm just sticking to LSD (my most flavorite—absolutely love it) and ketamine (also wonderful). Haven't tried anything else other than shrooms (and didn't like the nausea and body load). But DMT is the worst (I know some people have differing opinion and that's fine).

I don't really enjoy the fast-moving, disorienting, and "intense" effect of DMT. And after this brain-zap experience, I doubt I'd ever touch that again (I'm paranoid that I'd get an actual seizure). Don't know any other "classical" or "safe" psychedelics besides mescalin (but can't obtain it anyway, so wouldn't be trying it anytime soon). Has anyone else have issues with DMT as well (and feel comfort with other psychedelics)? And experienced this "brain-zap" or mini-seizure-like effects with DMT?

DMT has a very strong body, well mind load too during come up, very strong. Just as it’s very harsh to the lungs during come up, it feels that harsh for the body and the mind too. But only during come up or underdosed. But after smoking 60mg+ almost every experience was so healing and so rewarding that I see nothing weird that many find it best psychedelic out there. I love diversity but DMT really is something special. I also love it in combos with just about any anything I tried it with but K.

I hope to try it via I.V. one day as I feel that would make experience better. With a MAOi too for sure as sadly I still didn’t try it that way.

I’m pretty sure if you doubled your dose you would have a lot more favorable outcome but what it is it is.

Had what u described twice after large doses of psilocybin but also i had it once from some 2ct-7. I have never had it from dmt but my doses are usually lower than 60mg. Can imagine it can similar to how it happened with psilocybin though.

Stay safe out there

With pyschedelics something can feel 100% biological yet be 100% psychological. Well neither is realistic 100% but ya all know what I’m trying to say.

On a few occasions I’ve seen drugs having effects they really shouldn’t have. Like MDMA causing temporary and partly paralysis of one side of the body, morning after roll, it turned out it was from a serious neurological problem. Seen delirium like effects from MDMA, from normal dose and it turned out it had to do with brain damage from alcohol abuse and trauma, same person after getting somewhat clean had normal roll. Seen serious panic, in a sense person feels so bad body sensation from low – medium dose of certain psychedelics that it really seems off, turned out it’s just schizophrenia.

Tho DMT and strong psychedelics can make perfectly sane and perfectly healthy person sure he/she will die or be damaged beyond repair. Luckily some serious repaired feeling usually follows that.

I've not been able to find an actual recorded record of a DMT induced seizure, making me think this was just you having a panic attack. Psychedelics (especially DMT) are known to cause those, so I wouldn't be too worried about it.

Also mescaline is almost certainly accessible to you if you're willing to extract it yourself with hardware store chemicals, look up CIELO tek on the DMT Nexus.

Also mescaline is almost certainly accessible to you if you're willing to extract it yourself with hardware store chemicals, look up CIELO tek on the DMT Nexus.
I finally acquired some peyote. Planning to try it out this or next week...

IMG-2454.jpg

i get those brain zaps with out any drugs. i get pins and needles and weird sensations all over my body from getting hit by a car.. if i smoke cigarettes the effects i get are terrible... i thought salvia was going to give me some pins or zaps from smoking it. i always wondered if that weird buzz from it was from it bothering the central nervous system, but i was actually fine from smoking salvia, i didn't get any of those negative feelings at all... i always hear that DMT is more euphoric than salvia and easier to handle, but from the OP's description it sounds pretty similar... i'm not sure if getting pins or zaps is any sign of a stroke, i think it might just be a sign that a person isn't breathing properly or their spine is out of alignment or combination of both. i've had tons of zaps and pins all over my body at once and never encountered a stroke, not sure if my sensations are caused from the same thing as you, but that was my experience.. i was actually very worried about having a stroke or something for a few years because the injury was so bad.

i've also wondered about some sensations that i've had while robotripping and if it was an on coming stroke... i think on some drugs people start to forget to breath so they get pinned out or zapped. i've heard it's a sign the central nervous system has been weakened some how. that could just be from something as simple as sitting the wrong way a person's whole life or having bad posture. i'm guessing a person can get zapped with a healthy spine too, but spine problems definitely cause that.