• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Seems hard to find info on chemical/medicated detox

Justadudeondrugs

Bluelighter
Besides hundreds of adds for rehab centers , I can't seem to find much Info on a medically assisted detox . I'm in southern AZ and me guess is it's very expensive and Access probably don't cover it ? Ughhh.
Seems like the way to go if youre trying to get clean at least the best way to get started or reduce the horrible wd from lots of years of opiates.
Anyone have info on it ?

Thanks guys

If you really want to get clean and don't mind jumping through some hoops there may be a way to get into detox for free. Go into your local emergency room and tell them you are ready, willing and able to get clean. Most States have funds to help people that are genuinely serious. They will contact a detox and see if there is a bed available. You will probably have to fill out numerous forms. After detox they can help with therapy or maintainence drugs ( subs or m'done )

Most people don't know that the State they are living in has programs to help the needy. During Covid these programs got flooded with money that is still sitting there unused as nobody inquired about the services. If you don't want to go through the ER go to your Health Dept. or your DHS ( dept. of human services)

Help is out there. Just takes a few phone calls. If you are serious about getting clean and can jump through their hoops sobriety can be yours. Good luck.

If you really want to get clean and don't mind jumping through some hoops there may be a way to get into detox for free. Go into your local emergency room and tell them you are ready, willing and able to get clean. Most States have funds to help people that are genuinely serious. They will contact a detox and see if there is a bed available. You will probably have to fill out numerous forms. After detox they can help with therapy or maintainence drugs ( subs or m'done )

Most people don't know that the State they are living in has programs to help the needy. During Covid these programs got flooded with money that is still sitting there unused as nobody inquired about the services. If you don't want to go through the ER go to your Health Dept. or your DHS ( dept. of human services)

Help is out there. Just takes a few phone calls. If you are serious about getting clean and can jump through their hoops sobriety can be yours. Good luck.
Thank you so much for that Nurse, I had no idea about the situation over there. That's great to know!!

Yes , fantastic info. Thank you .
I got a couple numbers yesterday so I'll see where they lead me today.

Besides hundreds of adds for rehab centers , I can't seem to find much Info on a medically assisted detox . I'm in southern AZ and me guess is it's very expensive and Access probably don't cover it ? Ughhh.
Seems like the way to go if youre trying to get clean at least the best way to get started or reduce the horrible wd from lots of years of opiates.
Anyone have info on it ?

Thanks guys
Theres a clinics in some European countries,that used so call ultra rapid detox.Thtee-four days you sleep and woke up with minor withdrawls.useful i think for short acting stuff-H and so on.Dunno what kind of meds they have to used.Not cheap

Theres a clinics in some European countries,that used so call ultra rapid detox.Thtee-four days you sleep and woke up with minor withdrawls.useful i think for short acting stuff-H and so on.Dunno what kind of meds they have to used.Not cheap
probably more expensive than the first time i tried to quit heroin, by flying to fucking patagonia. and as effective, i.e. not at all, i arranged to score from the train on the way back from the airport. cos i'd done no psychological work. saw some penguins though.

OP, good luck. detox is important but its just the first step in a long recovery process. the psychological work is what will keep you clean after detox. so please get as much help for that as you can.