• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Seeking tramadol withdrawal advice. Do your brain return to normal again?

kensh

Greenlighter
Hi.
I have used tramadol (500mg) daily for two years. I have been very worried that my brain had taken permanent damage and would not return to normal again after I quit. Im not worried of the opioid-withdrawal, but worried about the SNRI withdrawal. I know the PAW's will be there a long time - but If I only know for sure, that my brain will recover fully in time - then I have hope. Before i started on the tramadol I was happy everyday without any medications, I was fully clean, living healthy (still do), exercising daily ect. My biggest wish is to return to that state again.

Im looking for stories from people who have used tramadol for years and was able to quit. Were you able to return to your normal state again? How long did you experience PAW's? Have you experienced permanent damage from your tramadol abuse?

My plan is to taper from the tramadol. Is there a risk of seizure when tapering off the tramadol?
And what form of taper would you recommend? (I plan on dropping max. 50mg a week/every 10 days.

Thank you.