• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Seeking opinion (heroin)

adamKY

Bluelighter
If someone should begin using twice a day, adjusting the dose so as to maintain the same degree of intoxication, how long would it take before going 'cold turkey' would result in significant withdrawal sickness?

Its different for everyone and depends on many factors like method of use, dosage and time also is it the first time the user has come off the drug. After a week going cold turkey if you know what WD symptoms you are looking for you might feel it, as a approximate time I always think 21 days of daily use and you will feel WD.

Its different for everyone and depends on many factors like method of use, dosage and time also is it the first time the user has come off the drug. After a week going cold turkey if you know what WD symptoms you are looking for you might feel it, as a approximate time I always think 21 days of daily use and you will feel WD.

Thanks for your view. I will use the info as a baseline in my project.

A beginner would likely be able to maintain intoxication all day with two doses but the longer you use and the more you use the faster your tolerance rises. If the user starts out full throttle and uses everyday for weeks on end they'll likely develop a physical addiction much more reliably than someone who uses maybe 1-2 times a week for a few months or years.

I'm not saying that 1-2 times a week is a safe way to do it but if someone uses everyday and tries to maintain the high all day then they'll become physically addicted very quickly.

I started out just smoking it a couple of times a week. soon it becomes every other day and not long after you recognise that you feel pretty shitty till you have it and then once youre doing it daily to get rid of mild withdrawals it quickly gets a grip. once I was smoking it daily I started injecting to get a better high as the fear of it had gone somewhat...the withdrawals happen faster and are more intense and keeping them at bay becommes number one priority. I somehow mamaged to stay high without going into proper withdrawal for a couple of years. but by the end I was injecting a couple of bags every four hours day and night just to feel normal. nobody can keep that up forever. I got onto methadone and after two years on it I am a week into my methadone withdrawals. its crucifying. as soon as you notice and. withdrawals off heroin take a break and sweat them out. there is no avoiding them. you only delay the process and the longer you go on delaying it the worse it is.

H is a very difficult drug to use recreationaly. I was off for many years and got back into it using just a bag a few nights a week to help me sleep/relax. Soon I was using 3-4 times a day and a gram or two a week. If you want to use and avoid becoming dependent and dealing with withdrawals, you certainly don't want to use more than once a day, and have days in-between without usage. Everybody's chemistry is a little different, but with daily use you can become dependent in 2-3 weeks.

Tolerance goes up VERY fast and the breaks in between allows your tolerance to drop and decrease or eliminate dependency. There is nothing worse in life than withdrawal so you need to control your usage, or better yet never pick it up. I love H, but wish I never picked it up. The only drug I like more than H is zolpidem. It's safer and w/d's are mild should you abuse. But I'm going off on a tangent.