• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Seeing true reality as it really is on psychedelics(especially on LSD and 5-meo-dmt)?

REM sleep is this part
unconsciousness ---------REM-(dreams)-REM-----waking consciousness

during unconsciousness we are going nowhere, on the shelf, AKA Blackout or Whiteout, even if not asleep (i.e. on strong drugs) we cannot see, think or make connections or respond.

my theory that addresses the whole phenomenon is frame stacking:

waking consciousness permits a single frame of conscious sensation and cognition approximately 1/15th of a second without seriously overlapping subsequent frames.
stoned consciousness is characterized by frames that fade more slowly so that even though they arise every 1/15th of a second, they last longer, and overlap
when a frame persists as long as 1 second you will get the patterning and great enhancements (as when falling asleep) (the frames are stacked 15 deep)
when a frame fades more slowly than 2 seconds you begin to experience multiple simultaneous attitudes or entities.(the frames are stacked more than 30 deep)
when a frame fades more slowly than 4 seconds you cannot make sense of anything and black out or white out.( the frames are more than 50 deep)

I like what Oswley Stanley has to say about this sort of thing in this clip....