• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Seeing Things: Visual Disturbances We All Experience (video)

sekio

Bluelight Crew
[video]http://youtube.com/watch?v=WKQT1MXfasM[/video]

Here's a cool video explaining all sorts of the artifacts arising from the vagaries of the human visual system, usually exacerbated/complained about in sufferers of HPPD. Thought this was appropriate for general consumption of PD.

Neato, I've been having what I believe to be HPPD (although it has only been a few weeks since my last psychedelic usage). Doesn't really bother me though.

Classical serotonergic hallucinogens, due to their sense-amplifying nature, tend to magnify all of these phenomena... I have to imagine there are at least some cases of "HPPD" which are actually people who are simply unaware that these phenomena exist in healthy, non-drug-exposed individuals, being brought suddenly to awareness of same, and they are unaware of the benign nature of them.

I've experienced all of these since well before I ever touched a drug. They don't seem to actually interfere with my perception though - rather they just provide some nice visual decoration...

Things like this I don't even take into consideration as hppd.

I have episodes of it from time to time that involve the slight bending/warping of objects or things appearing to move or crawl.

Other times I'll feel like I thought I saw something that wasn't there but that may not be hppd related

I've seen the various things that the video describes. I also had mild HPPD where things would breathe and this stopped when I stopped using all psychedelics including cannabis/hash.

Seeing things for a split second out of the corner of your vision is very common. It usually happens soon after you wake up (hypnopompic hallucinations). It's not related to psychedelic visuals, it tends to be more of a sleep phenomenon. Usually it's something you would expect to see there, for example back when I lived with my parents I commonly saw my dog out of the corner of my eye lieing on his bed even when he wasn't there.