• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

secret santa ideas

hydroazuanacaine

bluelighter
does your office do secret santa? what's your budget and what are your ideas?

we are supposed to give three gifts, at one a week, with a total budget of $15. first gift is due tomorrow. i received this week's gift early, and it's candy. if i can't come up with anything creative -- like some three part series -- i might have to do the same. i know the guy likes snickers.

$15 for 3 gifts? That's lame. Lol. On another forum I'm on, it's like a $20 budget. Can you make something creative? You could burn a CD...

I'm a bit confused. Three different people, so $5 each? Is it to the same person or different people?

I have done the Secret Santa thing at work before although we do one gift and it's $20 - $25.

Some suggestions
- USB stick (those are super cheap) with some music
- mug with something he likes on it (ex. animals)
- coffee / tea
- flask
- book
- candy
- soap (not like Dove or something, I mean like the pretty crafted ones, they can be like $5)

Hope you find something!

^These are good ideas. I'm a chronic book giver as gifts. Some appreciate it more than others. I've never done a secret santa myself, only a gift swap game sort of thing, where you can keep a gift, or steal/trade someone elses with a cap of one trade.

In any event, I think the surprise and mystery of the game is most of the fun. I don't have any ideas exactly, I'm also a bit confused on the 3 gifts in total thing, if they're for three different people, or a series of gifts for one person? Just keep it light, maybe choose something funny or amusing, remember that we're not shopping for grandma or anything like that. There have been some pretty solid ideas listed so far.

i appreciate the ideas. the three gifts are all for the same person. we got this little piece of paper with three questions you had to fill out to participate. his says favorite color: brown, favorite candy: snickers, one thing you like to collect: movies.

last week, i got hime five snickers bars. for tomorrow, i went through the bargain movies at target and got him Alien on blu-ray (hope he has a player). don't have next week planned yet. if i don't cheat, i only have about $4 dollars left. i'm not thrilled with my rather uninspired performance this year, but it's my first secret santa and i don't think i'm fucking up either.

i don't really know my guy that well. the person who has me is someone who knows me. first week they got me candy, and in addition to my listed favorite, kit kats, they knew i keep altoids in my desk. and today they dropped off xmas cookies from my preferred bakery.

Last edited:
First year I did this at work someone just gave the budget of the gift in cash, it was a huge hit, it was one of those secret santa's where you could "steal" the last person's gift that was opened.
Everyone just kept stealing the cash.

Next best thing was starbucks giftcards.