• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Screwed for at least 2more, can't live like this... Advice?

Harmredux

Bluelighter
So I ran short, thought I would have early refill and doc knows once again I ran out early. I think he will refill in2 or 3 days.
I can't handle it though, been like 2 weeks with a brief respite from a opium thing I get and now my only option is get a few bags or be sick.
I am going to tell him at appointment I either need to be properly medicated (same high dose 6 years) or we have to taper and I will probably end up on disability or worse, blood pressure issues on top of other factors will cause blood pressure and pulse to give me heart attack or stroke.

Choice is get the bags and not be sick and do I try to taper on my own or have him give me less and less.
I am going to fuk up my job if I go to rehab, career suicide not just job.

Small chance if I beg for 1 script Monday I will get it and be able to work Tuesday when other stuff refills.

Then wait a few months to set up rehab or at least detox and have a few months. But then I'd have to keep this up for months. I'm tired and just want not to have pain. Hate this stuff.

Could ask Dr. Opinion on switching secondary or primary med 6see if equal dose in something else works, but he has to be tired of my shit by now.

BTW trying kratom and support blood pressure med, plus valiumbut it really sucks right now, not working great,

... at least not drinking today

Methadone or similar options may be the best bet, anything where you can get whatever dose you want under a higher supervision setting. Thats generally what a doctor would suggest I think if he knew you were buying street opioids

A sensible doctor, yes.
Sadly, they aren't all like that.
Well I dont think every doctor CAN prescribe methadone for opiate maintenance they need a special course or something so yea you have to go to a methadone clinic

I decided that I am going to detox as soon as I can get a month off. Until then, I am not taking any breakthrough meds unless my heart rate and blood pressure are pounding and dangerous because of the pain.