• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Scientific explanation of free base cocaine process

francozorus

Greenlighter
Hi,

New on this forum. I've read many good posts about free basing cocaine from a scientific point of view. I still remain with a few questions, here they are:

I'm confortable with 3 ways of basing : ammonia, bicarb and heatless ammonia (same approach but less precise than LeJunk method)

What I could identify are two main steps :

1. Cocaine first turn into an oily goo that heated up can turn into an oily but more fluid drop that floats on the surface
  2. Under some different circumnstances (stirring, temperature shock, drying) or a combination of them, but could happen in liquid or in air, it will turn into a rock. This rock could be slelf dried up of a bit oily/humid (I guess crystalisation might be uncomplete) and can be harden by drying or breaking/manipulated.
There might be variations depending on cooking method and precision, or on the quality of the coke. But these steps are quite constants.

I dont understand clearly what is chemically happening when turning into the goo, neither the crystalisation. What would make the best conditions for a good complete crystalisation. I find rocks dried up quick and fast made better quality rocks. I think understanding better the process with my limited knowledge could help me understand and fill my curiosity.

Hope that was clear and thanks in advance for your answers