• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Scared to trip again, but want to do it.

kxtie

Greenlighter
I had a really bad acid trip about a year ago, i took two tabs with my friend. it started off all normal, like trips i've had before. it was very intense but nothing unusual, nothing crazier than my previous trips. (i've tripped several times before this, i wasn't a "newbie".) but then after 16 hours, when it wore off for my friend, it was still super intense for me. my mindset was back to normal but the visuals didn't wear off and i could not sleep. the visuals were in full force like peak visuals. obviously i knew this wasn't normal, so it sent me into a panic. my previous trips lasted 12-14 hours at MOST, so this was really freaking me out. it turned into a bad trip but i got myself out of it and calmed down, but hours later, nothing was any less intense. this continued for 3 days, 3 days of no sleep and being scared and crying and super intense visuals. i was absolutely horrified and freaking out because i was scared i was going to get stuck in a permatrip and get stuck in it forever or die from sleep deprivation or something crazy, because i was looking up 3 day trips and everything i found was that it wasn't normal or just stories on people getting stuck in trips and having to be hospitalized and stuff like that and that made me freak out more. but eventually after 3 days and some hours, it wore off and i could finally sleep. i had pretty bad depression after and found enjoyment in nothing and felt worse than ever before for a good 5 months after. also everything looked brighter and slightly intense than before for like two months after and it made me sick. i haven't touched it in a year now. me and my friends really want to do it again because they've been tripping a lot and they love it. i loved acid as well, it used to be my favorite thing to do up until that point. i'm just worried that if i do it again, ill freak out or panic and get scared that it'll never wear off, or that it actually WON'T wear off. i'm only doing one tab this time, but i'm still very scared, but i'm also excited. my friends say they'll help calm me down, but i don't know. i've got a lot of mixed feelings on this. i don't know whether or not to do it. i don't know if it's a good idea or not. what're your thoughts?

do you take any medications that might prevent your body's metabolism of the drug? Not trying to identify what you might have taken but this sounds like a case of mistaken identity like a bad DOx substitution...but 3 days sounds extremely unpleasant even for DOx. Best thing I would recommend is get some Ehrlich's Reagent (its cheap), it tests for indoles like LSD. If you decide to take some, make sure your tabs aren't chemically bitter (you'll know), this is a dead giveaway that there is something unexpected laid on your tab. If it does, spit it out right away. Sometimes ink on the blotter paper tastes "slightly" bitter, but not that full on chemical gnar flavor that you would taste with "dodgy acid"

Last edited:
There's a couple of things you can do to maximize your chances of having a good experience:

- only take one tab, like you already said
- take care of set & setting. Understand these concepts and make sure there's no problem here.
- ask yourself if you're committed to the trip before you take it. Only take it if you're sure that this is the moment.
- don't smoke weed. For quite a few people weed doesn't play nice with psychedelics.
- don't try to sleep too soon. Not being able to sleep while lying in bed can be very frustrating. Better to stay up longer and enjoy yourself.
- have something like a benzo for just in case. This can be a reassurance, even if you don't need it. Others here with more experience can give you more advice on this.

are there any substitutes to a benzo? i cant get one in this short of notice.

i'm aware of the taste thing and these tabs had no taste, absolutely none. a few of my other tabs from different trips had somewhat of a taste and were fine, though.

You said you can't get a benzo in this short of notice, well why are you rushing to trip? Psychedelics can kick your ass if you disrespect them and rushing to trip sounds like a red flag to me. If the timing isn't right for you don't push yourself to trip just because you really want to or your friends are doing it.

My thoughts? Don't do it.
I used to eat LSD like candy, sold it for 4 years so I always had it on me. I had a few relatively "bad trips" and I thought to myself I should probably NEVER do lsd again because my thinking was getting really effing demented. I sat on that for 9 months... Went to a party and dropped one hit after 9 months clean. Fucking lost my shit like I knew I would. Jumped around on cars like an idiot, threw my shoes at the cops like an idiot. Almost got the party shut down. Took a ride in a paddy-wagon and tried to run when they opened the doors.. was tackled 3x. They stripped me naked and let me finish my trip off in an isolated detox room at the drunk tank.
That was a brutal end to a long romance with LSD that went completely sour. Its been 20 years.

if you had this from lsd maybe leave it alone.

sounds like a psychotic break/ hppd

apprehension before a trip and doing it because others want you to leads to freak outs IME.

if you do it dose low enough that it wont trigger your previous pasttern of behaviour

I found that taking hydro on lsd helped me fall asleep quite easily. I'm not sure if mixing the two is bad or not but if your tripping and want to go to sleep hydro will help. I also know someone who got drunk towards the end of their trip and fell asleep with no problem, but we didn't have the problem of the acid not wearing off either. Good luck with your next trip!

I would do a quarter tab maximum, and I´d have a pair of benzos in the pockets just in case. If the experiement goes nice, you can rise the dose another day, but if it gets wrong, at least you will be on a light dose

if you had this from lsd maybe leave it alone.

sounds like a psychotic break/ hppd

^^This

Not worth it. That reaction does sound like some type of psychosis precipitated by LSD use. Though it sounds as if you were fairly aware of what was happening, perhaps HPPD but this sounds quite a bit more intense than that.

I do not believe the risk is worth the payoff and I have firsthand seen tryptamines exacerbate or cause presentation of psychotic disorders both in my personal life and while working in an inpatient psychiatric hospital.

I know if I were in your position I would be terrified and would not be able to relax, especially since it was not until the 16 hour mark you realized something was wrong. That means the whole time you're going to have to wonder if it will be like the last time.
Just my opinion.

if you do, start low!
be safe

I've been sitting on mine for 2 years because of apprehension...