R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Scared to get the snip

neoblazing

Bluelighter
Hi

Me and my wife discussed how many kids we wanted and decided on 2-3 we have been blessed with 3 beautiful kids 2 girls 1 boy, We talked about whether we would have anymore and decided against it because of cost to raise a child so I decided it would be easier for me to get the snip rather then her get done as she takes the pill but doesn't like to so we could avoid the use of condoms (unless we have to on the occasion) I have been waiting on the public waiting list at the local hospital been about 15 months got a call to make an appointment to see the surgeon and I all of a sudden am dreading it I don't know why?.

So my question is this has anyone had this fear all of a sudden just before and did you still go through with it?.

seems like alot of other options... they have impants for women that are good for like 5 years i think... my ex had one and seemed to work pretty well... or tubes tied... idk guess its up to you in the end

seems like alot of other options... they have impants for women that are good for like 5 years i think... my ex had one and seemed to work pretty well... or tubes tied... idk guess its up to you in the end

If his wife has carried and birthed three children for him then why should she be expected to be solely responsible for contraception?
If the reason that his wife doesn't like the pill is the side effects then chance are other hormone based contraceptives are also going to mess with her (been there done that).

To the OP: if you don't want to get the snip then don't, but you should expect your wife to be upset at your decision especially if you decided together to only have 3 kids and/or to get the snip when you'd finished having children.

Time for a bit of soul searching I think. Why don't you want to get the snip? Are you scared? Do you secretly think that you will want more children? Do you think it will affect you manliness?

Time for a bit of soul searching I think. Why don't you want to get the snip? Are you scared? Do you secretly think that you will want more children? Do you think it will affect you manliness?

Very good questions that the OP should think about :)

I've never been in this situation before but you have decided you don't want kids so you do have to think it through.

have you tried talking the situation through with some close friends or family IRL?

i find sometimes my perspective gains clarity through discussion with other people

If his wife has carried and birthed three children for him then why should she be expected to be solely responsible for contraception?

This is why I had it done. Never really liked the idea of the snip but I couldn't expect mrs roar to continue shouldering the load herself.

I decided it was me that should have it down because she has carried the kids and we have tried all the other forms 2 failed (1 miscarriage and 1 abortion) the rod and the 3 monthly shot made her really ill constantly so was a no go she doesn't like the pill because there have been times we just haven't been able to get it and she has had to start the month over. I agree she shouldn't have to shoulder the burden hence why I will get done, Part of my fear is partly because I have a massive distrust of hospitals and surgeons because of too many bad situation and experiences between me and my friends and family. The other reason is unknown to me and the best I can figure is because I do worry to a certain extant that it will make me perform less for what ever reason (no logical reason comes to mind honestly) I would talk to family but most of them couldn't care less about us or I know there train of thought so can pretty accurately guess what there advice is and none of it useful.

We have decided to still go ahead with if but we both agreed it would be nice to see if she falls pregnant between now and when I get it done because we both wouldn't mind having a 4th, I am also gonna speak to a the hospital and get the information on it should put my mind at ease.

I got snipped 3 years ago. Best decision ever. No worries about pregnancy and wife is off the pill. Since the pill slowly killed her libido its great to be able to have sex often with a spouse that is just as horny as I am. Get it done. Very little pain and the positives really really outweigh the negatives!

what apneist said. ^^
...if you're confident that no more kids are in the future, do yourself (and your wife) a favor and buy a lot of freedom.

Hi

Me and my wife discussed how many kids we wanted and decided on 2-3 we have been blessed with 3 beautiful kids 2 girls 1 boy, We talked about whether we would have anymore and decided against it because of cost to raise a child so I decided it would be easier for me to get the snip rather then her get done as she takes the pill but doesn't like to so we could avoid the use of condoms (unless we have to on the occasion) I have been waiting on the public waiting list at the local hospital been about 15 months got a call to make an appointment to see the surgeon and I all of a sudden am dreading it I don't know why?.

So my question is this has anyone had this fear all of a sudden just before and did you still go through with it?.

I'm 22 and been trying for four years but doctors won't let me;

CMON! :!