• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Saving the lost statistically-elusive children of planet Itnoc (In The Name Of Children)

Egzoset

Bluelighter
Salutations,

In a previous life the guy behind Egzoset used to be a tobacco/haschish smoker and all of the public "education" made available to our generation seemed to culminate with some rare samples as this:

Christiane F. - Wir Kinder vom Bahnhof Zoo​

It's nothing about "Harm Reduction" dealing with actual "risks" i faced, which bigot anti-cannabic prohibitionists traditionally prefer to ignore while leaving whole generations vulnerable as they continue to take over public institutions only to impose more socio-toxic ideology, pretending to "inform" by attempting to scare young persons away with blatant propaganda. Biefly put adults posing as (irresponsible/immature) "spe¢iali$ts"/"expert$" were satisfied to instrumentalize this 1981 film featured with music from David Bowie...

M'well, lucky me cannabis once had a reputation of being the safest "dope" around, so i never was even tempted to join gangs as that of the zoo station. As i recall the main negative stress originated from its illegal status and the resulting economic consequences; hashish "cutting" could prove ugly but it was nowhere like a monopoly situation based on captive customers as in the SQdC stores today. In any case i finally gave up the smoking habit entirely after a few decades, never fully aware of hidden realities.

:oops:

Then i heard of e-Cigs and discovered Vaporizers instead. So at 1st i evaluated a slow/steady thermostatic table model for nearly 25 months, effectively swiching to plain Dry Flowers in the process. Preliminary signs of potential "vilification" emerged after only 6 months, actually at the time it became obvious to me that i required "Inlet Water", which caused me to focus on the VaporGenie invention of Dan Steinberg, considering extra-hot exhaust gases from clean-burning butane actively contributed to this experience.

(y)

Many more years passed while i explored concepts as "Potentialization" of the "Release/Transport Agent" combined to "Packetization" of an Hybrid Core's temporarily-stored "Heat Charge" meant to target trichome glands on the basis of relative contact surfaces, etc. Multiple invitations to INDEPENDENTLY DEPLICATE + PEER REVIEW have been systematically rejected/ignored no matter how often i tried, sometimes rare commenters complaining about apparent complexity, a sense of confusion, whatever.

:sleep:

In the light of recent public "alerts" meant to demonize e-Cigs i find it's quite about time an ordinary consumer comes around to illustrate what we can never expect from our "elites": to fix the antiquated consumption method inherited after James Albert Bonsack patented his mercantile paper rolling machine in 1880 ~ 1882! For this i selected the VG pipe as my "prototyping Platform" in order to support eventual discussions on what "vilification" vectors might remain in ready-made products and how i believe these nuisances can be corrected, starting with the economic factor by promoting efficiency + "conservation", with the benefit of enhanced aroma/taste appreciation as a bonus, etc.

Back in 2012 i failed to operate the VG Classic Mapple pipe as sold, today i can instruct motivated readers about ways to take it into the next step, offering to open a window on what's awaiting beyond, including electromagnetic Induction Heating put at the service of precision "Micro-Dosing" and more. Which all sounds too ambitious so lets start with an elementary experiment:
Egzoset's Cust. VG pipe - No Brainer On-Top Single-Cut PinHole Path (2019-Sep-10) [640x400] .PNG

A single cut of the Sphere's Screw-Base as shown above suffices to inject a limited amount of fresh air above the bowl, which in turn causes a major shift of dynamics. My previous "Bi-Energy" Hybrid Core scenarios depended on some hard-to-get customized 17-Holes Metal Disc intended to eventually support IH-driven "Plan-A" (butane-less) operation, with "Plan-B" using a butane torch as a fall-back option instead. The present suggestion being reserved to that later mode only it becomes possible to avoid any need for some core metal part other than some ordinary brass screen:
Egzoset's Cust. VG pipe - Alt. Hybrid Core & On-Top 1-Cut PH Path (2019-Sep-10) [640x400] .PNG

Such over-simplification comes with significant tradeoffs relatively to my original goal but this should give preliminary access to "Harm Reduction" considerations, starting with matching an energy packet with its associated workload, in absence of thermalization. E.G. it's like frying an insect's hairs in one swift burst while the flame won't stay focussed long enough to damage surfaces nearby, hence my referal to "Micro-Bursting"...

The final customized VG wood top shall fit either the Classic wood/metal handles or even the Bronze Sherlock, the later being most prefered for its inherent eye-contact feature:
Egzoset's Cust. VG pipe with Alt. Hybrid Core & On-Top 1-Cut PH Path (2019-Sep-10) [640x460] .PNG

The other customization items as a flexible PVC Tubing Extension combined to my Cotton Ball inside a plastic/metal "Mating Junction" are totally optional, though this enhances the experience by multiplying oportunities of self-awareness based on a basic visual hint: Inlet Water condensates on the inside wall and gradual opacification of the PVC material increasingly warns against probable consumption "abuse" (e.g. the opposite of dosing). A dual-flame which converges above the core is best suited, this makes brief/potent Heat Bursts more efficient/enjoyable than the manufacturer's own original ritual.

M'well, the setup as pictured above gives basic perspectives that should inspire further curiosity and i'm afraid that's not something easily conveyed through words anyway - which implies proper understanding shall come AFTER experiment IMHO! YMMV but i garantee it's worth every dime; at least as a yound man i feel i'd have been most pleased to try it while being entertained by the realm of a metro station near some Bahnhof Zoo.

Good day, have fun!! ☮

Last edited:
Salutations DrumTripper,

I read it all, want to try it!

Great, i'd suggest a pair of pipes is more fun than their sum, because this multiplies options by swapping sphere top & handle permutations around, which allows evaluation of different configurations unavailable otherwise. Wood sets as the Classic are most affordable and also relatively more forgiving in terms of customization, these provide me better aroma/taste experience though if maintenance/reclaims are a concern then perhaps metal versions might suit best on the long run. In any case any of your eventual written contributions shall be welcome here, especially if documented graphically! So, please just feel at home, it would be my pleasure if i could meet your expectations: e.g. i can try to be as low-profile or as cooperative as desired.

Good day, have fun!! ☮

I would almost suggest you make and sell them. Or, I dunno just give one to someone who lives between Saskatchewan and Ontario?

Seriously though, have you ever thought making a pdf of everything you've done with respect to the Vapor Genie and spreading the knowledge far and wide. The closest thing I've come to your work is a vaporizer called Dynavap. And I still managed to burn myself :) Is your method possible with a capacitive battery discharge?

Tom

Salutations Thomas Davie,

I would almost suggest you make and sell them.

M'well, i've already urged the inventor & owner of VaporGenie to consider these suggestions for an eventual series update, without any success so far i must admit:

Google Photos - Semi DiY Challenge(s)​

Dan Steinberg is the only person who's legally authorized to claim producing and selling a finished product, my own pretention is strictly limited to show VG pipe owners how they can use it as a "Prototyping Platform" in order to expand their perspectives on features illustrated in pictures since the creation of Egzoset in 2010. Inlet Water being a major item to explore before switching to "Plan-A", possibly on another Prototyping Platform.

Or, I dunno just give one to someone who lives between Saskatchewan and Ontario?

A couple weeks ago you'd only have needed to provide a civic address located in my province, preferably that of a merchant we can both trust who'd agree to serve as an intermediary in the city of Montréal, to protect each other's anonymity. My proposal would have been to pick one of these 2 Full-metal tops:

But i'm afraid i've depleted my hobbyist budget for many weeks to come after being unable to resist some sudden urge to acquire a pair of blue-flame(s) pipe torches properly shaped for this application...

:cool:

Actually i did imagine something similar along the lines of a contest meant to add some animation but the matter of provincial frontiers calmed me down ultimately.

...have you ever thought making a pdf of everything you've done with respect to the Vapor Genie and spreading the knowledge far and wide.

Perhaps i might be wrong though i thought the whole collection can be downloaded from my Google Photos album linked right above, which may prove convenient for off-line viewing at a later time, away from an access point.

The closest thing I've come to your work is a vaporizer called Dynavap.

Yes, and i've even proposed an alternative Hybrid Core which would solve the risk of skin burns while reducing exposure of the path to a metal surface even further. My 2019 Summer Solstice Ed. quote of a snapshot captured in front of the St-Laurent river links to a thread which begins with that specific design proposal. Since then i've found an IH-driver on-line calculator suggesting that Silicon Carbide foam could be "doped" in order to be rendered conductive, which would pave the way to susceptor applications of great potential IMO:

Is your method possible with a capacitive battery discharge?

That's certainly an intreaguing idea. My very approximative evaluation of the temporary Heat Charge used to range around 100 Joules for what felt appropriate in light e-Cig format "Micro-Dosing" applications still capable to offer some punch effects. It turns out "Plan-B" feels very "analog" and hence precision IH-driven injection still needs to be experimented with before a more reliable opinion can be formulated... Anyway this genuine contribution makes me wonder about comparisons between low-voltage batteries and high-voltage piezo-electric ignitors, mainly about how would it impact the precious noble molecules in terms of potential denaturation before trichomes are made airborne. Yet, i vaguely foresee that past a delicate "Release/Transport" phase such cannabic stream might still require to be re-heated until suitable activation and microscopic droplets thinning is achieved. All things i can only dream of so far - which fueled a pleasant moment nonetheless!

Good day, have fun!! ☮

Salutations Marley is Good,

Kids like drugs

Personally i'd rephraze it this way: « statistically-elusive legally-vulnerable minors do consume cannabis », like it or not, so how can society deal with it collectively?

:unsure:

The United Nation's traditional response only inspired "remedies" which resulted in agravated prejudice, typically of disproportional (punitive) magnitude... Hence why not just drop UN then begin to exploit our evolved cognitive capabilities instead! For example, "kids" as you call them, live in an environment managed by adults. If tomorrow no adult wants to buy any rolling paper anymore then chances are all inventories shall plumet after a while, which will also indirectly affect minors who for some reason or another found ways to still commit related transgressions nonetheless. Although in a cannabic context i'd strongly advise against interacting with minors at all i sure want to highlight an alternative: to actively target the adult population, knowing "Harm Reduction" substitutes adopted by adults are bound to extend public health benefits indirectly. Quite unfortunately it was UN's 2014 FCTC/COP6 event which failed whole countries; the recent e-Cig "alerts" only confirm that it was a mistake to render e-Cigs/Vaporizers equivalent to self-poisoning tobacco/nicotine combustion. Of course today it's vulnerable members of the population who face the consequences.

?

My proposal is to address the needs of *ADULTS* in an attempt to integrate "HR" issues as early as possible during the conceptual phase, when some consumption method is being created, adjusted or moddified. No interaction with a single "kid" is necessary simply to improve the future of many more generations who ain't even born yet... In any case there's no reason to believe that those consumption methods are going away knowing their associated habits may transform but never vanish into oblivion as well! As a matter of fact the Victorian-age "Drug-Free World" doctrine inflicted too much suffering in groups of all ages already, hence lets deal with it with a fair amount of lucidity for a change. That's why the consumption method must be regulated with realistic Public Health objectives in mind that can gain socio-acceptability; no need to menace kids disguized as Halloween monsters, ghosts and other mythic creatures to help them too, indirectly...

Good day, have fun!! ☮