View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

San Pedro Powder

somnilicious

Bluelighter
I'm looking to pick up either San Pedro cuttings or San Pedro Powder. I'm leaning towards the powder due to ease of preparation but I want to make sure this is economically feasible and I'm not sure about the dosage. I know that since it is plant material that it will vary greatly in alkaloid content so I'm looking for some basic suggestions for dosage or experiences working with dried, powdered, San Pedro Powder.

Also what would be the best method of consumption? Would I need to make a tea by wetting, freezing, boiling and straining or could one just heat up and down the hatch? Perhaps I could also buy gelatin caps and just encapsulate the powder to swallow. What would be your method? Experiences appreciated. The more detailed the better.

Thanks guys and happy trails...

♥️Somni

It's a lot of powder to put in capsules.. I buy a bunch of green ice tea and dissolve it in that, 30g of San Pedro powder is like a normal trip I guess. Some say it's best to do take 10g, wait a bit, then another 10 etc to reduce nausea but I don't experience any and I want it over with. In the context of the experience it's just a minor effort really.

I don't know if we're talking about the same San Pedro powder but this is what I do with mine :)

It's a lot of powder to put in capsules.. I buy a bunch of green ice tea and dissolve it in that, 30g of San Pedro powder is like a normal trip I guess. Some say it's best to do take 10g, wait a bit, then another 10 etc to reduce nausea but I don't experience any and I want it over with. In the context of the experience it's just a minor effort really.

I don't know if we're talking about the same San Pedro powder but this is what I do with mine :)
I can't imagine there being many different forms of what appears to be San Pedro skin dried and powderized but that seems to be on the very low end of what I've been reading. It would be great if that is enough to produce a standard mescaline trip with visuals.

I remember @Xorkoth mentioning too that 20-30g is his standard dose for San Pedro powder, I don't actually know how they do it and how they manage to concentrate it so well in relatively few powder

yeah 30g is a good dose, not super strong but a nice trip. The powder should be the outer dark green flesh with the core removed. I used to buy cactus chips of dried outer flesh, and the dosage was 30 grams of that, too. So pretty sure the powder is as advertised.

I only purchased dried powder one time and was overall disappointed in the yield compared to what I often get from fresh cuttings. The trip was also different in nature, much more LSD like. Not worth what I paid for the kilo, but it was only one time.

-GC