View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

San Pedro Potency

ADruggie

Greenlighter
I am wondering if different parts of the cactus have different properties. I imagine that perhaps the thick lower stalk is more potent than pups, but then again there is circulation throughout the plant. I am wondering if harvesting well developed pups would be fruitful. I have four pups going on one cactus. I have limited space and things could get out of hand if I keep producing more pups and potting more cuttings. I wonder if another pup would be likely to pop up in around about the same place I cut one off. Keeping an equilibrium seems ideal. Perhaps this question is too obscure, but I am wondering if anybody has performed these experiments before.

I just got back from Peru where SP was ubiquitous (eg., growing in city gardens on roadsides). It was cool to see the cacti in their native land, but I didn't feel like I was properly introduced and it didn't seem right to impose. I have a renewed interest in further developing a relationship with my cacti.

I've made many batches of brew from the same plant over the years. As far as i can tell all the cuts i've tried have been the same, the most important part is how you brew it. lots of water, little vinegar, 2 to 3 hours steep, I always rebrew the mush for a 2nd tea.
Now about the pups! keep cutting and potting them as long as you want, more will keep coming. They won't grow back in the same spots, but they will keep coming as long as your cactus is happy. It's strange how they grow, the plant seems to know how to place them, the pups never get in the way of each others growth, always balanced. My grandfather cactus has been rooted for 4 years, it has 6 grandchildren that i've gifted to friends and 3 that i have kept. Last year the grandfather produced 4 pups in the spring, all of which are over a foot tall now. A good cactus can easily do 6 foot total growth in a season from all of its branches, just keep repotting.

The potent part of the San Pedro cacti, is that little darkgreen outlining just beneath the skin. This contains almost all the mescaline from the cacti. When ordered from Peru they only used the darkgreen tissue and dried that out. Most potent cactipowder I've ever had.