View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

San Pedro Cactus Powder

nuube

Bluelighter
HI all. I am growing several cacti but am a bit impatient so came across San Pedro Cactus Powder and was wondering if anyone here has tried it and what is the best preparation method and a a rough dosage guide, (I understand everyone varies)?

Many thanks for replies.

Couple of my Friends and I obtained some San Pedro powder as well maybe only about 10g each not very much but we simply wrapped it in a skin and swallowed it , got a very mild buzz from it but this might not work with the quantity you have , maybe add to some smoothie or something and blend slowly, hope this has been of use :)

Have you tried it at higher doses? I would have been thinking around 30/40g myself. A smoothie is a good idea, hadn't thought of that, I take it there is no need to heat/cook it?

Thanks for getting back to me Seph.

I've tried dried cactus several times, up to 60 grams with little/no effect. These cacti are unpredictable...

Eating is kinda hard because it is such a big volume, so it takes some time to absorb it all... Once I ate a lot, but puked everything in less than 1 hour, so most of it got wasted.
Brewing and discarding the solids can be a good idea to concentrate the alkaloids (3 times should do it).
Next time i will try to make a simple extraction with ethyl alcohol, as the full A/B extraction was a PITA and didnt yield much. Just leave it in alcohol (90% or more) for a couple of days and filter the solids, dry the liquid. Repeat 3 times...
I don't know if it's what you meant, but brewing will not make it more potent, but it only serves to dissolve the good stuff in water, so you can discard the solid part. You can boil that mescaline tea until it is thick, so you will have to drink less volume for the same effects. Research about brewing methods. I
think the best way to do it is using a pressure cooker.

Just boil it into a tea for like 3 hours with a little white vinegar, strain the powder while theres plenty of water volume left in the tea. Reduce it down to like half a cup cuz that shits gonna taste like dried mystery cactus.
If this doesn't work try a fresh cutting