View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

san pedro + amanita muscaria

stayhealthy970

Bluelighter
I was thinking of making a tea of both would this b a good idea ? I have like 20 g of of dried San Pedro an 20 or 30 g of amanita muscaria or should I just take them separate?
Is 20 g of San Pedro good to make tea an trip?

Do you have previous experience with either of them? It is always smart to try something on its own before combining, and especially in the case of Amanita Muscaria I would almost call that mandatory.
Have you read about Amanita's? They are weird ones, not typical psychedelics really... they need to be prepared properly, there can be a miriad of side-effects and potency is unpredictable unless you make a standardized product out of it.

What would be the point to combine them? Is it because you don't have that much San Pedro? I wouldn't take them together, or if I did I would need to have extensive experience so that I would know what to expect from the separate substances, and how to handle the unpredictable potency.

20 g of dry San Pedro at say 0.5% potency would give you 100 mg of alkaloid, is that right? It would be very mild. Also a tea is not easily prepared from cactus powder IME, turns into slimy sludge.

I think you have a road ahead of you of doing research on them separately, be careful with the Amanita's and try to get more cactus to have a good dose, or just try the 20g as a mild introduction to the feeling. Mescaline and co are pretty gentle on the mind IMO so I think slow titration is less imperative than with Amanita's.

good luck :)

Sounds like it could be quite an unpredictable mix. The amanitas being deliriants and the san pedro being a classic psychedelic. I'd likely expect some sort of synergistic effect which could put you in some pretty mental states. Take the san pedro first and let it do its thing, carefully dose the amanitas and give them some time to kick in before taking more...

As mentioned by solipsis I'd avoid making tea with san pedro, it turn into a disgusting slime that is very difficult to drink. Taking mouthfuls of powderized cactus with orange juice is more manageable.

20 grams would likely only give you a very mild trip, still my first time with 25g dry san pedro provided me with one of the best days of my life without it providing any sort of hallucinations although it did make everything look glowingly beautiful.

I have tried amanita muscaria one time but I really didn't Fill much maybe alil more stoned then I should have been + an upset stomach That's all.

An I never tried San Pedro b4 but I recently came across some. An I was reading alil an most people use more then an OZ of San Pedro to trip. So I was thinking if I added alil amanita to the mix it might make the trip stronger! But probably worse the more I think about.

I'll probably just wait till I get more pedro to have a good trip .

But I'm still curious what pedro + amanita would be like!?

Since amanitas produce kind of like a delirium you need to take safety precautions while san pedro requires proper set and setting in a more typical manner. So I wouldn't consider amanita's an add-on to san pedro even if that is how you prefer to approach explaining taking the combo.

Thus 'start' with the amanita's and don't combine them until you get a feel for a more or less full experience on them, I don't think it is very smart to be prepared for only very mild amanita effects... if you happen to get potent ones or there is insane potentiation and synergy that would be a tricky pickle.

Its very nice actually, ive done it a few times in the end of my san pedro trips to mellow out and veg relax before sleeping.

20g of pedro aint much though, so you could try to ingest the amanitas at the peak ie 2-4hours after the cacti.
If you can then get the best weed you can find and some strawberries.

It would help to know what dose of Amanita's you took, and what your experiences are with certain doses of Amanita's alone. You're making it sound very casual. :)

My usual dose of amanitas are from 2-5grams.
This is a batch my friend picked and they are from northern europe.
I seem to handle amanitas well since i get almost no side effects.
They feel like fungus alcohol and i just get a real nice buzz when combined with thc.

The only time it got intense is when i had some on a peak of a 200mg pharmahuasca trip.
That was one of my top5 intense experiences ;)

But with cacti or lsd its always been mellow, i suspect it was the harmalas that made it stronger.