View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Salvia & weed???

psychedelicmadman

Greenlighter
Ok so my friend is going to get some salvia 5x extract later but he only wants it to mix with his joints and make his weed last longer. Does anyone know if it would work?

lol, first off salvia lasts way less than weed so th idea doesn't make any sense, secondly if "your friend" wants to use salvia to make grass last longer he doesn't know anything about it and I suggest that he researches it more before even thinking about trying it.

I have personally found that Salvia and weed work GREAT together and I think (though I could be wrong) that there is a legit synergy between the 2, or at least if not chemically I found that they complement eachother.

HOWEVER...If you are going to do it you don't mix them in a joint.

The only good way to smoke Salvia is to take MASSIVE bong hits of them and hold them in as long as possible.

I don't know why, but it's the only real way to make it work so putting it in a joint is useless.

What I recommend and which I tried, was to first smoke a few bowls of weed and then take a few big bong hits of Salvia;

Or, you can first smoke a bowl of weed, then put weed with salvia in a bong and take big hits, which works well.

If you are set on smoking joints of weed, fine, then smoke a joint or two first, then take bongloads of Salvia, but putting Salvia in a joint is probably not going to do much.

I have also found that the weed + Salvia + Nitrous mixture, or even just Salvia + nitrous is INCREDIBLE.

And FYI, Salvia gives the best visuals and auditory hallucinations in complete or at least partial darkness and silence.

This is how it was used as a divinatory agent called "Ska Maria Pastora" by indian tribes in Mexico and it's how I usually did it.

If you have the lights on high you may not even get visuals from Salvia and instead just feel fucked up or get auditories, or at least that is what I found.

Edit: AND YES....Salvia only works for about 10 mins...maybe 15-20 MAX or even 5 mins minimum....

If you want a longer experience you will have to smoke more and weed won't make the experience last any longer though I have heard that sublingual extracts make the salvia experience last longer but are milder, though I have never tried them.

Yeah I can't really be bothered to type atm but my friend said he's not trying to get a breakthrough from smoking it in the joint aha he told me he sprinkled a bit of salvia on top of his bud and he said it made the bud alot stronger and he felt this kinda pulling/pushing feeling. he said it was a really nice relaxing high.

Last edited:
My friend also said he's going to try salvia on hawaiian baby woodrose seeds (lsa) so if ya wanna know how that goes i'll post the link to the trip report when he writes it

I would really advise you to not mix them together.
Once I was super high with some friends around (we smoked about a gram of dank each) and decided to try Salvia 5X for the first time.

Just after the first hit the Salvia send me off to another planet instantly. I was seeing everything 2 dimensional and had frightening and ego shattering thoughts and conclusions. It was reaaally scary and I ended up having a major anxiety attack. My heart was racing and I was extremely sweating.
This lasted for about 20 minutes and it really ruined the whole weed high (I hadn't smoke for a while and I was SUPER high at the time and it lasted another 10 hours).

I had really bad experience with the combo, so you should first try the Salvia alone and gather a little bit of experience before you decide to mix them together.

That won't work.
Salvinorin A is released through higher temps than a burning joint can provide. It will be a waste of salvia, not to mention a terrible filler substance.

Just use tobacco if you want to fill your joint

I've used this combo many times, with positive results. Low-dose Salvia adds a little something extra to Cannabis's effects, while the Cannabis prevents things from getting too edgy. I used a pipe though, I doubt it would work in a joint.

I've used this combo many times, with positive results. Low-dose Salvia adds a little something extra to Cannabis's effects, while the Cannabis prevents things from getting too edgy. I used a pipe though, I doubt it would work in a joint.

Low-dose Salvia?
Is the threshold dose of Salvinorin a not already on the level of having full blown hallucinations?

Low-dose Salvia?
Is the threshold dose of Salvinorin a not already on the level of having full blown hallucinations?

Not completely.
Threshold effects in my experience is kinda more like a strange trippy delirium rather than actual visuals or hallucinations.
That being said, Salvinorin a is metabolized so fast that even if you were putting small amounts into your body via method of a joint, you'll not reach very high plateaus by continually pulling drags like you would with the cannabis. That's why when smoking salvia you are advised to do as much as possible in a single lung full or 2 if nesisary within a 1 or 2 minute time period.

If you've ever smoked a small dose of salvia, taking 1 small rip every 5 to 10 minutes, you'll know it doesn't work the same if you were to take the whole thing at once.

In my experience putting salvia in joints does next to nothing, perhaps a placebo like change in character of the normal weed high. The only way I find salvia enjoyable is to smoke a bit of weed first and get a medium level stone going, then take small hits of salvia from a pipe every now and again. It gives a sort of ketamine-cannabis like body buzz. Walking around feels like your feet are sinking into the floor, or a flat surface will feel like it is rounded! These effects only last a few minutes though and aren't particularly mind-blowing. Fun for a change though!

Proper bong rips of salvia after smoking weed send me to some awful place where I don't remember what I've just done and can't figure out what the hell is going on until reality comes back. The last time I thought I had become a fibre filament in a woman's purse. Not exactly fun :p.

You need to inhale a large dose of salvinorin A at once to get noticable effects. Smoking it in a joint won't do anything (except if you have a strong extract and repeatedly take really big tokes, but it's a waste of salvia). You need a bong. :)

What I do however, is ripping a bowl of salvia plus a little bit of weed in it. I've experimented with different ratios. The weed kicks in later than the salvia, I find the two to go really well together. I've even read about people adding blue lotus to the mix (however, in my experience I've never felt anything from smoked blue lotus. Still have to try ripping a bowl of concentrated extract of it). :)