View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Salvia plus bipolar and medication

sharklasers99

Greenlighter
Hi so I recently bought some 30x salvia for a pretty good deal actually. Got it for *no price discussion - read the rules* but anyway I was wondering if it is safe to mix salvia with certain medications. I have been diagnosed bipolar and take 900mg lithium daily along with lexapro 10mg and klonopin 0.5 as needed. I really want to trip so I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this type of thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have schizoaffective (bipolar with psychotic symptoms) and would advise avoiding salvia.

Hi, welcome to BL / PD :)

Be very careful mixing lithium with drugs, it can easily give you seizures if you combine it with something like LSD. Salvia is very atypical for a psychedelic / dissociative, in the chemical constitution and the way it acts in the body. I don't think it's terribly well understood, but interactions with other drugs probably cannot be compared easily. It is not a serotonergic psychedelic so it may be physically more safe... but I am not really sure.
Another problem with salvia is that it is very potent and usually poorly measured for dosage, so many people get very unpredictable and intense effects. I don't know what the risks would be for you getting manic or depressive episodes but I'd wager that it may not do you any favors regarding mental stability.

Let alone further complications by taking added Lexapro which makes your medication condition more delicate... I would suggest avoiding Salvia like treezy z said. You may wanna consider avoiding drugs generally, but ones that really seem like asking for trouble are serotonergic ones like LSD and mushrooms cause of the lithium, and drugs that are potentially very intense and disturbing like salvia or highly influential on mood, drive and excitement.
Have you read up on salvia divinorum, do you understand what a breakthrough experience can entail?

It is wise that you come to the forum for advice before trying this, perhaps ideal is to do it before spending the money on drugs I guess... maybe you have friends who are into this sort of thing who are better suited?

I have done salvia before with mixed reactions to it but never with medication so I don't know.

I am on medication for Schizophrenia, (Latuda 80mg daily, Abilify 20mg daily) Salvia is a good trip for people on my meds because it works pretty much the same on me whether i'm medicated or not.
But TBH on antipsychotics you don't have many options cuz u can't get high on most stuff.
Currently, all i can get high on is weed, salvia, benzos, and N20.