• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Ethnobotanicals Salvia Nemorosa tincture?

I currently have approximately 300ml of solution and 1ml has a mild, but definite effect. I'm going to soak another 1/4lb of dried flowers to try to up the potency. Its definitely more effective in this form than any other besides quidding fresh plant. I'll update this more as I work with it, so far so good!

Are you consuming it orally or trying to hold it in your mouth for awhile?

-GC

Are you consuming it orally or trying to hold it in your mouth for awhile?

-GC
Holding it in my mouth for easier absorption via squamous epithelial cells. I'm using about 6mL of distilled water so I can hold it in my mouth with minimal discomfort. I did, however, swallow the approx 7mL of the total tincture and distilled water after, and only after, the effects were absolutely present and not those of diluted Ethanol.

Hopefully it will be as potent as I want it to be after the next batch of flowers has soaked for another week or two. I want 1mL to be a fully active dose if possible. All the effects of fresh material were present, including the subtle brightening of vision that I have only gotten with fresh material quidded prior to now.

Has anyone distilled this plant down to its essential oil or done a simple acid/base extraction on this plant. Maybe I'll try doing an acid/base extraction when I have more time. In the meantime, I'll keep working with the tincture every few days.

1mL was considerably more effective after the last batch of flowers was soaked. Anxiolytic and analgesic effects were marked, and lovely world fuzzing visually was noted as well. I stand by my comparison of the effects of the tincture as a mild blend of ativan, codeine and schwag. I'm going to try to increase the potency once more so I get it potent enough that even when diluted with H20 for sublingual absorption, its lacking a sting and is easier hold in my mouth for a longer period with less discomfort.

I can't wait to try this preparation with Russian sage in a few weeks once my plants are in full bloom. A simple bubble hash of its flowers is already of almost jarring potency. Even a simple EtOH extraction leaves a very strong bright green powder that can catch one off guard.

Thanks for your work and reporting on this! Interested in getting some myself, now.

1mL was considerably more effective after the last batch of flowers was soaked. Anxiolytic and analgesic effects were marked, and lovely world fuzzing visually was noted as well. I stand by my comparison of the effects of the tincture as a mild blend of ativan, codeine and schwag. I'm going to try to increase the potency once more so I get it potent enough that even when diluted with H20 for sublingual absorption, its lacking a sting and is easier hold in my mouth for a longer period with less discomfort.

I can't wait to try this preparation with Russian sage in a few weeks once my plants are in full bloom. A simple bubble hash of its flowers is already of almost jarring potency. Even a simple EtOH extraction leaves a very strong bright green powder that can catch one off guard.

What’s you experience with the hash from Russian Sage? I’ve been meaning to dive deeper with that one but 100% agree my first try was almost too intense. Like one gets when they smoke too much weed, that too has a trip report over at DF. (I wonder if reposting a lot of that info here is proper etiquette?)

I’d love to explore Russian Sage hash further, I think there’s something to be had. I remember it being almost borderline trippy (in a cannabis kinda way) where I had a moment I felt like my body was a crab, weird to explain…

-GC

What’s you experience with the hash from Russian Sage? I’ve been meaning to dive deeper with that one but 100% agree my first try was almost too intense. Like one gets when they smoke too much weed, that too has a trip report over at DF. (I wonder if reposting a lot of that info here is proper etiquette?)

I’d love to explore Russian Sage hash further, I think there’s something to be had. I remember it being almost borderline trippy (in a cannabis kinda way) where I had a moment I felt like my body was a crab, weird to explain…

-GC
Russian sage is hands down the most potent, non-divinorum mint I've played with. This was rumored to be the active constituent in an infamous smoking blend, but I've not seen anything conclusively identifying it.

Russian sage definitely seems like it could have visionary potential, especially as a booster. Try the simple EtOH extraction if you want a better feel for the plant. It leaves a beautiful, almost fluorescent green powder that can put one on their ass if they get too cavalier about dosing. 1 small puff should be enough for you to get a feel for it.

I get strong color enhancement, trails, a head change that can be euphoric or dysphoric depending on mindset at the time. Time dilation is present, though nothing as strong as I've experienced from many psychedelics. I get slightly unsteady when I push it a bit too hard, though nothing that feels subjectively toxic.

I'm surprised at just how unheard of this is given how ubiquitous it is as a xeriscaping plant. Theres lots of good plants used for xeriscaping that are almost, if not completely unknown as psychoactives.

Wow, you learn something new every day. I had no idea there were so many sages that were psychoactive.

(I wonder if reposting a lot of that info here is proper etiquette?)

Please feel free! Cross-posting good content from another forum is perfectly fine. :)

Interestingly, after keeping the tincture refrigerated, a thin emulsion forms at the top of the bottle. The potency seems down slightly unless I allow the tincture to warm and the emulsion goes back into solution. It's still active without the emulsion going back into solution, but it seems hollow compared to fresh salvia or the unseperated tincture. Next time I might try a bit of the emulsion and see how potent that is. I have a feeling that the volatile fraction is the emulsion. I'll report back after I try it😉

Just a heads up: if you utilize the tincture for multiple consecutive days, expect issues with constipation. It's nowhere as bad as one might experience with opoids, but it deserves consideration if you try this. If I experience any significant physical issues from the use of the tincture, I'll be sure to post them.in this thread asap. So far though, only mild constipation is the only physical issue I've experienced.

Interestingly, after keeping the tincture refrigerated, a thin emulsion forms at the top of the bottle. The potency seems down slightly unless I allow the tincture to warm and the emulsion goes back into solution. It's still active without the emulsion going back into solution, but it seems hollow compared to fresh salvia or the unseperated tincture. Next time I might try a bit of the emulsion and see how potent that is. I have a feeling that the volatile fraction is the emulsion. I'll report back after I try it
Hey anon, I'm interested in how the extraction of the volatile fraction went. Is it worth trying? Did you get any additional benefit?