View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

salvia divinorum? or not?

sbellow2002

Greenlighter
Do I have salvia divinorum? I recently found out I have salvia growing I'm my yard and wanted to know if it was psychoactive, I have read up on everything and it seems to be divinorum, but the stems don't seem to be hollow, they are square though. Would there be any danger in chewing them up if they aren't divinorum? Because that seems like it would be the only way to identify it now.

AGREED^^ Do not eat this plant or any plant unless you are 100% certain of what it is and how its going to affect you

Well I think it's salvia divinorum, but do they have hollow main stems only? Or are like the smaller stems hollow too.

Take a picture and post it so people can make comparison; but like wild mushroom IDK I'd I would go ahead and start munching on them. Unless you are certain.

There are many different types of salvia plants, and they are quite popular plants to grow in gardens. Unless you know that someone has specifically grown salvia divinorum, and planted it in your garden, it most likely is not salvia divinorum. When growing salvia divinorum outside, most people need to grow it indoors and 'train' the plant before transplanting it outside.

I don't know if the other salvia species are toxic but, in the interests of safety, it is best not consume a plant that you cannot positively identify.

Yeah I read up a lot more and came to the conclusion it wasn't. At first it seemed like it was but with further research I had identified it as a regular salvia plant. Thanks for all the help though!

Salvia (divinorum) can be a powerful and relatively gentle plant medicine if chewed according to Maztec tradition. They believe smoking it insults the spirit of the plant. You don't need extract just good quality dried leaves and a fair few. I chew for about 40 mins, moving between my gums and under my tongue. It isn't a particularly pleasant experience, it tastes bitter, but you will slowly drift into salvia space in a way that is substantially different from smoking the leaves or extract. Try and get hold of some leaves grown and blessed my Maxtecs if you can, respecting an honouring their ancient tradition is worth doing for many reasons including supporting a positive experience during your trip.

The effects of transmucosal administration are quite different to those produced by smoking leaf or extracts. The crawling chaos is still there, fingering the cracks in the corners of our reality, but absent that DMT-fast flash and overwhelming propioceptive weirdness, and the overpowering, all consuming visuals smoking produces.

easiest thing to identity is to look at the leaves - tose should look like with blue satin hue , and yes, stems from inside is a empty square .
i mean come on dude, is it that hard to google and image compare or is it easier to come here, waste everyone's time and still have nothing to show and know ?! so image compare them, get 12 pairs of leaves, try them ( or chew on spot, but u need a lot more and effects are more subtle ) and then smoke those grinded up leaves form bong, with a lighter that has intense "welder" flame and try to get in at least 6 proper hits.
i cant do salvia , not even regular leaf ( X1) because it makes me feel too damn strange and weird. funky stuff that salvia.