Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Salvia Divinorum / 20x Extract | First Proper Experience : Comical Horror

Padhome

Greenlighter
A friend of mine bought some 20x Salvia extract, and gave me enough to fill a bowl of my bong. Me being me was excited to try it out since prior to this I had only tried a bowl of 5x extract, which gave me some promising threshold effects. As soon as I was free, I filled my bong up with water, popped a couple ice cubes in the catcher and picked up my lighter, making a little flame like I usually do before moving through to my bathroom (the place I like to ingest substances). I exhaled as deeply as I could, brought my lips to the bong and then started burning the salvia while inhaling slowly. Once a large amount of smoke had been produced, I inhaled and held it in, waiting to see how harsh the it was, and to see if anything noticeable would happen. Surprisingly, the smoke was a lot easier to hold in than I thought. After about 10 seconds my eyes started wobbling like crazy, making my vision go all wavy. This was definitely noticeable stronger than last time, so I did the thing any sane person would... exhaled, put my lips back down to the bong, and took the largest hit I could. After this I quickly put my bong aside out of harms way and sat back down.

After the initial eye-wobbling come-up my mind kind of blanked. I remember looking around at different objects in the room: the sink, taps, the shower head, tiles on the wall, but nothing otherworldly was occurring yet. By my estimation approximately one minute passed and then strange things started to happen. Before I had time to process it, I could feel little entities marching up and down my arms and feel them all over other parts of my body*. When I remember them in my mind they looked like 2 little black dots with stickman-thin legs and feet, though this may not accurately match how I perceived them at the time. They were chanting a sinister song in voices that sounded drowned out. I also started to notice another voice that sounded female and almost computerized which was even more drowned out. This voice was speaking over everything that was happening. I could not understand any of what was being said, though I did not particularly have the desire to either. After this point it should be assumed that I am experiencing extreme fear and distress; more than I have ever felt in my life, except at the very end where I get some courage back and accept my fate. There was also a sense of forces compressing me throughout it, and I think that explains the finale of the trip.

It felt like the entities started constricting me, trying to tie me up and do something bad. They were still chanting, and it almost felt like they were jeering at me. At the same time, I started becoming things. The example I remember most clearly is one of my bathroom tiles; I would become a tile and then everything would become a tile, and this was very distressing. I think this was because of loosing my individuality. I felt my body becoming more and more twisted, and then my reality started to completely fracture. I remember viewing my sink from a different angle, but I was no longer in my bathroom. The top of my sink was like the top of a fence, and parts of it had been replaced with other things, including parts of a fence. I was standing on the left side of it, and from there I started to move to the right side; I was trying to escape from something. That area then completely dissipated, and was replaced by a flat green landscape, with a single blocky figure standing in it (I will try and attach a drawing later on), whose body was made completely out of cubes and cuboids, some of which were different colours. It appeared to be male, and it's face and the rest of it was very low in detail. I was present as well, still trying to escape from something - I was still unsure of what though. I became the block-man's right foot, but I still was not safe. I started moving up his body, becoming a leg, arm and then the head. Each time I moved the situation got worse; the thing was closer to catching me. My vision started being stretched more and more, and by the time I became the head something had seized the block-man (which was partly me as well) and was holding his head down and pressing it against the ground. At this point I was seeing things through his eyes. I remember the sensation of wanting to wake up from a bad dream, only to realise that what I was experiencing was reality, and that I couldn't just break away from it. There may have been more locations and events that happened, but only remember one more.

The location was now something similar to the grounds of a castle or fortress. It was at this point that I realised what the 'thing' was: it was, for all intents and purposes, my demise. It was either my death, or me being absorbed into some sort of other object or being and loosing my freedom. I was being pulled towards the source of this destruction, and while this was happening there was a small brigade of knights in grey/silver armour running in my direction. In my mind I made the connection everything that was happening was the will of and conducted by the female computerized voice at the beginning of the trip, and that it was part of some plan she had. I kept on narrowly escape being captured or killed, but each time it became more difficult to avoid it. Despite this I was going to fight on to the very end; I had gained some courage and was not just going to accept death. Eventually it got to the point where I could no longer get away, after dodging a stone wall that was going to fall on me. I was spread out on the ground in an 'army crawl' position and didn't have time to move. Grey walls came in from the left and the right in perfect symmetry and started to trap me. It got to the point where they overlapped which meant the voice had won and I had been absorbed by these walls... but I was still alive and still me.

This confused me, as I was meant be gone. What was happening? I don't remember anymore of what happened in this other reality, but at some point during the trip, I called out for my mum. For the most of it I was experiencing genuine fear, and I think this triggered some sort of visceral response to want her to come and make me feel safe. Anyway, she heard me and called back, and hearing her voice returned me to reality. It took me a few seconds to remember where I was and the details of my existence and after this I responded to my mother telling her it was nothing, picked up my bong and lighter and returned to my room. After returning what I was holding the places they were meant to be I got into bed, pulled my duvet over me and closed my eyes. During this time I experienced a few closed-eye-visuals and tactile sensations, before falling asleep. When I awoke a couple hours later I felt burnt-out, as if I had just come down from a cannabis high. I personally like the feeling, and spent the remainder of the evening at my computer, eating food and drinking tea~. Salvia is definitely something I want to try again, despite the dysphoria it can cause. I will say this, after the trip was over I felt really grateful to be alive, and appreciated everything I had in life.

I may come back to this and edit it if I find that I would prefer to write/explain something in a different way, or if I've left something out.

*The next day I looked in the bowl of the bong and noticed that the salvia hadn't completely turned to ash, so I decided to see if I could get anything out of it. After producing as much smoke as I could (which was not much) I inhaled and held it in for about 20 seconds then exhaled. I experienced almost no effects, however I did get a tactile crawling feeling at my wrists and neck. I think this had something to do with the feeling of the little entities marching all over me.

Last edited:
Great report, full-dose salvia experiences are so fascinating to me, though I am afraid to go there myself.