Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Salvia Divinorum/14x extract) Novice: Still no breakthrough

Blethan

Greenlighter
Im new to psycadelics and drugs in general really, i got high from weed for the first time towards the end of february, i have a pretty addictive personality so as you can guess ive smoked pretty heavily since then, but ive stopped recently for about a month because i havent been able to experience the euphoric feeling for a while now, my guess is that ive depleted my stores of serotonin and because i suffer from clinical/severe 'depression', hopefully this will not only give me time to lower my tolerance but to get my stores up to capacity. after a couple more weeks (about a month in total) im going to try MDMA for the first time with the goal of figuring out why ive always been so depressed. although im new to drugs ive ALWAYS wanted to try is acid, mainly because the idea of hallucinating is very appealing to me and ive always felt that theres more to life than we can perceive. Anyway, on with the report.

I had 3/4 hits from my bubbler with 15x extract
i saw the same people as i think i saw yesterday, an old lady with a dog, a man, a woman and other people who all seemed to be working for someone(lady s maybe?), or at least under orders. they took me to see someone who might have been lady s, although im not sure because the CEV werent very vivid.
someone told me i needed to smoke more so i hurriedly sat up and had the last two hits from the bowl and layed back down, and i saw a hole that was black, maybe the entrance to salvia space, i couldnt enter though. my thoughts were constantly being
interrupted
by more thoughts and my skin felt warm and groggy which kept making me "think i dont like this".
the fact that i couldnt break through and the effects were so little played on my mind for a while so i got up, put on some electric wizard and made a snack.
after this particular experience i feel as though i might not be ready for the truth. im now debating whether to stick to my original plan and use MDMA to help me realize why im so depressed before doing any more psychedelics.
Upon reflection i feel as though i should be more caring, considerate to others and patient, not only to others but with mind altering substances.

Going to smoke 0.5g of 15x again, will be back shortly with a trip report

what would be a break through for you...
something you expect?
expectation is a load you bear, and while you bear it, you will not see what happens.
just let it be what it is.
relax.
you have a whole life ahead of you.
you don't need to compare your experiences to any one else's

didnt smoke it after, going to now though, a breakthrough would be smoking enough to get more than a little high, experiencing salvia for what it is and all that it can be, ill be back shortly with a report

smoked about 3/4 of a bowl again and again felt stuck, there were people merchandising the forest i was in but again no breakthrough

You should take huge bong hits and hold them in for Salvia to have best effects.

A bubbler and CERTAINLY a bowl will not yield the effects you want.

Also, to get the best visuals you should be in at least partial or total darkness.

Also, if you combine Salvia with weed and/or ESPECIALLY nitrous you will get better effects.

Try this.

Smoke some weed, then take HUGE bonghits of Salvia with the lights off and immediately after the Salvia takes hold take a hit or two of nitrous.

You'll experience something for sure ;)

im doing it in a bong later with my mate, if im not in darkness ill put a t shirt over my eyes as a blindfold.
i heard weed and salvias a bad combination? as for nitrous, im a health freak so thats out of the question.
im going to buy more salvia today, should i get 25x or 30x just to be on the safe side and ensure a breakthrough?

as for nitrous, im a health freak so thats out of the question.

Nitrous is one of the safest drugs on earth. Smoking weed is significantly worse for you (cancer!) and as long as you use in moderation (not boxes and boxes every night for months) it won't have any negative effects. Heavy use can result in vitamin B12 deficiency. There's really no reason to avoid it.

Nitrous is one of the safest drugs on earth. Smoking weed is significantly worse for you (cancer!) and as long as you use in moderation (not boxes and boxes every night for months) it won't have any negative effects. Heavy use can result in vitamin B12 deficiency. There's really no reason to avoid it.

I don't think there is any proof that smoking Marijuanna causes cancer.

I don't think that just any smoke causes cancer, I think it is particular types of smokes and the properties they are made up of.

Anyways, you are right that nitrous isn't dangerous in moderation.

im doing it in a bong later with my mate, if im not in darkness ill put a t shirt over my eyes as a blindfold.
i heard weed and salvias a bad combination? as for nitrous, im a health freak so thats out of the question.
im going to buy more salvia today, should i get 25x or 30x just to be on the safe side and ensure a breakthrough?

Nitrous is quite safe as long as you don't do TONS, you should just take vitamin B12 with it.

I'd get the strongest Salvia you can find if you want a breakthrough IMO.

by more thoughts and my skin felt warm and groggy which kept making me "think i dont like this".
I think most people tend to find salvia dysphoric. These low level effects in my experience are the only fun ones you can get out of salvia, even more so if you've smoked a bit of weed beforehand. The breakthrough experiences I've had were all terrible and frightening, can't say they showed me anything relevant to my life either. The first time I turned into a handbag and the second time I sank into the couch and became the couch.

If you do want to get to that point do what mycophile said and take huge bong rips, ideally inhaling the whole bowl at once.

As for your depression, chronic weed abuse often leads to depression. Maybe laying of the weed for a few weeks might be enough to fix it. No need for MDMA or other drugs to tell you that.

It's certainly better than tobacco, but if you think inhaling burning plant material with proven carcinogens in it doesn't cause cancer, that's just wishful thinking, man.

It's certainly better than tobacco, but if you think inhaling burning plant material with proven carcinogens in it doesn't cause cancer, that's just wishful thinking, man.

I don't think it is dude.

Have you read any LEGIT studies PROVING that weed causes cancer?

I haven't, in fact, I've heard weed has cancer PREVENTING alkaloids in it.

It would be wishful thinking to assume that smoking anything isn't BAD FOR YOU LUNGS...but not all smoke causes actual lung cancer.

There cancer producing materials and non cancer producing materials, and that goes for things that are ingested in ways other than smoking as well.

There are things you can eat that can cause cancer most likely, and things you can smoke that will not.

Do you think smoking chamomile would cause cancer?

What about smoking mint leaves or oregano or rose buds?

I doubt Any of those things cause cancer.

Just because weed is bad for the tissue in your lungs since it is a burning plant material doesn't mean it actually causes cancer.

I have to assume that the gross assumption that smoking ANYTHING AT ALL NO MATTER WHAT IT IS = lung cancer is false.

Unless I am incorrect, which I might be, tobacco causes lung cancer because nicotine has specific cancer causing properties, which might be why cigar smoking can cause throat cancer and chewing tobacco can cause mouth cancer.

But if you chew on marijuanna leaves will it causes mouth cancer or if you eat cannabis edibles will it cause stomach cancer?

I seriously doubt it, because THC itself is not cancerous like nicotine is.

Last edited:
The bubbler is probably the problem. Salvinorum has quite a high vaporizing temp. The water would condense most of it. You need one of those little hash pipes a few inches long, preferably with a screw-on bowl lid with a little hole in the middle. You suck the flame through that hole just enough to make a sputtering sound. The bowl lid makes it nice and hot like a little oven and the short pipe keeps the vapor from condensing before it reaches you. You definitely won't need 1/2 a gram that way.

The bubbler is probably the problem. Salvinorum has quite a high vaporizing temp. The water would condense most of it. You need one of those little hash pipes a few inches long, preferably with a screw-on bowl lid with a little hole in the middle. You suck the flame through that hole just enough to make a sputtering sound. The bowl lid makes it nice and hot like a little oven and the short pipe keeps the vapor from condensing before it reaches you. You definitely won't need 1/2 a gram that way.

I don't think a bowl is the way to effectively smoke Salvia either.

Big bong hits are pretty much considered by almost all Salvia afficionados to be the only truly effective way of getting enough smoke in your lungs for it to work.

I don't know why that's the case, but I have smoked salvia out of bowls and joints before and it didn't really work.

I don't think a bowl is the way to effectively smoke Salvia either.

Big bong hits are pretty much considered by almost all Salvia afficionados to be the only truly effective way of getting enough smoke in your lungs for it to work.

I don't know why that's the case, but I have smoked salvia out of bowls and joints before and it didn't really work.

Well joints don't work at all but the pipe with lid definitely worked for me, even with plain leaf. I think the lid with the little hole is the key. I got totally wasted from just 2-3 hits. You have to hold it in quite a long time too. Takes a long time to absorb.

I smoked 20x in a can pipe, 2 large tokes held it in. Fucked me right up, my body fell apart and I went to another dimension. Horrible experience.