• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

saftey of tramadol after dxm trip

shpongle1987

Bluelighter
I drank 3 bottles of robotussin between the hours of 6pm last nite and last one i drank was was at 1am. In about an hr or two i am going to take tramadol at a recreational dose level of around 150mg. My tolerance is relatively low but have been taking it on and off for the past couple of weeks. My question is am i safe from serotonin syndrome and also safe from possibly seizures. The tussin said it lasts 8 hours and its been alot longer then 8 hours since my last dose of dxm, so i feel that i should be safe. If i could get a response asap that would be appreciated greatly, thanks.

I would wait a few days as DXM can trigger serotonin syndrome in people taking SNRI's like tramadol as DXM is itself a serotonin reuptake inhibitor. Both drugs also carry a seizure risk so combining both will lower the seizure threshold more then either of them apart. Depending on how well you metabolize it DXM's half life for immediate release formulation is between 3-6 hours i think but can be up to 24 hours if your a poor metabolizer. I would give it 2 days anyway as it's better to be safe then sorry.

I drank 3 bottles of robotussin between the hours of 6pm last nite and last one i drank was was at 1am. In about an hr or two i am going to take tramadol at a recreational dose level of around 150mg. My tolerance is relatively low but have been taking it on and off for the past couple of weeks. My question is am i safe from serotonin syndrome and also safe from possibly seizures. The tussin said it lasts 8 hours and its been alot longer then 8 hours since my last dose of dxm, so i feel that i should be safe. If i could get a response asap that would be appreciated greatly, thanks.