View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

safety of this combo

ecstacylover

Bluelighter
Specifically dxm+vyvance. I took my script for vyvanse 20 mg (which I didn't even take previous 2 days) around 7-8 hrs ago. And considering ~700 mg dxm in 2-3 hrs. I never do dxm anymore but I just wanna do it for old time sake with friends , Nitrous and cannabis. Everything stimulants +dxm says it's an unsafe combo , but I am just wondering since this is such a low amount of vyvanse and I also have a really high tolerance to dissociatives. I did do like 25-30 mg of 3-meo-pcp once a few hours after 40-50 mg 2-fma and it didn't feel that unsafe for what it's worth.

DXM is a pretty strong serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (SNRI), it's kind of unique among other dissociatives in that aspect. Mixing DXM with stimulants like amphetamine can cause an excessive amount of norepinephrine building up causing "norepinephrine syndrome" also known as a hypertensive crisis. This results in very high blood pressure, agitation, anxiety, risk of stroke and heart attack, and so on and so forth.

I would say you are right on the edge of tolerable dosing. 20mg of Vyvanase is a relatively small dose (and it's time released), but on the other hand 700mg of DXM is a fairly big dose. And you really have to consider both drugs will potentiate each other a bit too. DXM is pretty rough on its own, I don't think having another chemical raising your blood pressure even further would help.

Me personally, I would hold off, just because you can't tell a priori whether or not you'll have a bad response. It's unlikely, but possible. But if this is your one opportunity of a lifetime, proceeding cautiously and letting people know you're mixing drugs (just in case anything goes wrong, it's not a total mystery what you've ingested) is an option too.

Drinking some citrus juice (1-2 liters) and urinating can help flush some of the amphetamine out in your urine, if you have a little bit of forewarning this is a good idea. Don't go overboard and make yourself sick, but just note a reasonable amount of acidic juice ingested will decrease the half life of amphetamine in your body. You can kill 2 birds with 1 stone by drinking grapefruit juice to inhibit the enzymes that break down DXM.

3-MeO-PCP is a straight up NMDA antagonist (pure dissociative), so it is more suited to mixing.

Ok I knew 3meopcp was not serotonergic but it is still pretty stimulating , correct? And yes it is a fairly large amount of dxm, but I have a very high tolerance and wouldn't expect to go much higher than a high 2nd/low 3rd plateau, if that. If I do it I might consider only doing about 600 mg and drinking a lot of fluids in the next few hrs. I was completely unaware of the possibility of hypertensive crisis, so thanks for the info.

Last edited:
3MeOPCP is stimulating, but not through any direct activity on serotonin or norepinephrine transporters.